1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have ordered a Baer 1911 Bullseye Wadcutter. The description of what type of load is used in this pistol is 'wadcutter loads only'. Does anyone own a Baer 1911 Bullseye pistol? What loads and bullet(s) are best and most accurate? Does the term, 'wadcutters only' exclude the semi-wadcutter for this pistol? Thanks in advance.

------------------

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
A "Wad Gun" as yours is affectionately known, is called that because it is specifically throated and tuned to take the sharp-shouldered wadcutter rounds used for Bullseye shooting. This usually means that it will feed anything, up to and including beer cans.

As it will be when you get it, you will notice a light recoil spring. This gun will usually run well in this condition on light to medium bullets (155-200 grain) and light charges of powders such as Bullseye, HP 38, Clays, and Unique.

My favorite bullseye loads use 4.0 of HP38, and a 200gr cast LSWC. I have also used 4.0 of Clays and Titegroup with this bullet.

By replacing the recoil spring with an 18 lb., you are now ready to shoot hardball, and defensive loads. My favorite practice load for "serious social shooting" is the 230 gr. FMJ with 6.8 of Power Pistol. Same POI as the Federal Hydra Shok.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I own one of the wadcutter guns and love it. I use a magnus lead semi-wadcutter (185 grain) with 3.8 grains of bullseye. The combo of the gun and load will consistently shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards from a rest. I'm not an expert here, but I wouldn't dream of trying to change the gun to accept hard ball ammo after all that I paid for a bullseye gun. Just my opinion.
Crazy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts