1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently ordered a Wilson Combat CQB Elite. I wanted a specific color combo (Black armor tough slide over stainless) and caliber (10mm)and there were none in stock. I was quoted a time of 6 to 8 weeks for the build. About a month has passed. I want to get excited but thought I would ask on a forum if that's a realistic timeline. I'm not going to be upset if it's going to take longer I'm just curious. If it's going to be a couple of more months it would allow me to stock up on more 10mm ammo.

Along with the pistol I got a few extra mags. I was wondering if a bushing wrench will be needed. I have never used one on any of my 1911's but have never had a custom 1911 either.

I will be getting a Dillon 650 for christmas from Mrs Ten-Ring and already have some RCBS dies in 10mm. I have about 600 rounds of Remington 180 gn FMJ. I was using it for my G 29 and figure it will work to break in the Wilson when it comes.

Anything I need to know about this fine firearm that will be handy when it comes in? I've wanted this pistol for a long long time and am now anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congratulations on your Wilson!

I would try to concentrate on other things and not dwell on this every day. Then it will just show up and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I would expect Wilson Combat to be confident with their timeframe quotes. Otherwise they risk impatient (rightfully so) customers bombarding them with phone calls after the quoted wait time passes.

With a month already behind you, I bet you receive your call fairly soon. Just sit back and relax.

If you can't put it out of your mind, do something constructive like getting a bunch of targets ready to take to the range.

Good luck with your new pistol when it arrives!

·
Banned
293 Posts
"Anything I need to know about this fine firearm that will be handy when it comes in?" --- Start saving for the next one... it is hard to stop with just one... :) and congrats on your purchase....

·
Registered
198 Posts
"Anything I need to know about this fine firearm that will be handy when it comes in?" --- Start saving for the next one... it is hard to stop with just one... :) and congrats on your purchase....
Ain't that the truth! I didn't mention in my first reply that I have a CQB Elite also. Now I want one in 9mm just for range purposes due to the price of ammo.

ten-ring,
You better take Decimusindi's advice pronto! You'll need it!

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Anything I need to know about this fine firearm that will be handy when it comes in? I've wanted this pistol for a long long time and am now anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Yes. Wilsons have a serious issue: they will eat through your ammo in no time. Make friends with a bullet caster!

None of my Wilsons require a bushing wrench, but he supplies one (IIRC).

And, most importantly, start saving for another! :rock:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Start saving for another....you guys are killing me. I'm glad I reload and only wish I could hunt deer with it in my state. I'm sure it would be a wicked Bambi slayer. I read a post about someone who waited a really long time for their pistol and it had me a little worried. I e-mailed Nick about some extra mags and he said it had been started so I'm totally licking my chops...pics will follow when it arrives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts