1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...i know theris much controverys on this gun re: feeding and reliability...those of you that have one, what is the verdict....are the new mags okay....is it worth 250 bucks? I'm looking for a neat little double action plinker and I like combat designs so Ruger Mk 11s and such are out....

· Registered
22 Posts
P22

I have two (wife has one with the 'compensator', I have the one without). Fun little plinkers, the 'compensator' model is a tad more accurate. Bought about a year ago - never a feed or FTE problem - seems they worked it out. Always use good ammo. I use the Remington or CCI. Heard you shouldn't use hollow points (jam problems) - never had the problem.

I think you can do a bit better than $250.

Take care..

Lar

· Registered
251 Posts
I will have one soon

I took my wife to Galyans where I work part time and told her to hold any one she wanted and find on you like. She picked the Walther p22 with the short barrel. I may get the one with both barrels just in case I want to play with it.
Anyone else have one?

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Yay....

I'm considering getting one to teach my little sisters (9 & 13) how to shoot. Cheap and cool looking, though I have yet to fire one.

I'm still looking around for a place that rents P22's or someone that owns one that I can try out.

This will be purchase #4 in less than 1 1/2 months... :rolleyes:

The addiction.... :eek:

· Registered
245 Posts
I have the 5" barrel one. Accuracy is substantial, nice cheap plinker, and it eats hi-vel ammo all day. Had to send it back to S&W when the disassembly lever thingy came lose and would result in the slide becoming disassembled while firing :eek: Got it back in a couple of weeks with a new frame and a new recoil spring. Now I like it even better :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.