1911Forum banner

Walther P99

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Russ45 
#1 ·
Has anyone had experience with the Walther P99?

My wife and I recently went looking for a semi-auto for her and after looking at every 9mm out there, she picked the Walther. She could operate the slide release,trigger, etc much easier than any other.

Please give me your opinions before I buy.

And- No, I could not convince her to get a .45 semi-auto. I tried, but she wants to start off with a smaller caliber and work her way up.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Zane

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys!

We bought the P99 today. My wife liked the color of the Military version (Olive Drab and Black) so we got it.

I have only casually looked at the P99 before because I am a 1911 nut. I must tell you that after shooting it, I am more than impressed with the P99.

After we purchased the gun, we took it to the gun shops' indoor range for her to have some fun. BTW- she has shot a Ruger .357, a Glock 23, my Springfield TRP 1911, and a Beretta 92F. We put 10" x 10" paper targets half way down the range at about 15 yards.
Nine out of her first ten shots where in the bullseye area. Six of the bullseye area shots were in a 1.5 inch group. She has minimal shooting experience and was shooting great! It really got her excited (easy boys) and was a great boost to her confidence. I took the next clip and my first shot was in the bullseye- dead center! I should have just walked away after that and everyone at the range would have thought I was awesome. I continued shooting and kept the rest of the shots within 1.5 inches from the first.

The recoil was very manageable and the trigger pull was very smooth (not a 1911 feel, but great for a polymer). The grip is outstanding and fit my hand perfectly.

When we got home and took it apart, I was a little disappointed in the bendable guide rod but other than that it looks good. It strips just like a Glock.

That is my two cents. My opinion of the Walter P99 has forever changed. The best part is that my wife has found a gun that she enjoys and I am hoping that she will start asking me if we can go shooting instead of me always asking her.

Cheers,

Zane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.