1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im new to the forum, and actually new to owning a gun. Ive been shooting friends pistols and always come back to his Kimber eclipse custom. So i started looking into it.
I have a couple questions, i like the warrior besides the grip (which is a easy fix). But im concerned about about the finish gettin damaged and looking bad. For those who have the finish does it peel or chip easy? Does the blue wear off faster.... I think i just need to go with the stainless look.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
If its a carry gun the finish no matter what type will start to show wear. A leather holster will keep the finish nicer, longer. If the finish is the most important thing to you and you want the most durable, I would go with a stainless finish (and it looks sweet with some nice grips on them :)). Good luck to you and can't wait to see the pics of what you get. :rock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im alright with wear, like slide marks and all that. Its the chipping and flaking that im more worried about. I actually like the normally use fading look. If i had time id look for the custom 2 the guy had in the photo section with normal fade marks that looked great!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the 1911 family. I have a stainless that I carried for two years with no wear marks at all. I just purchased the two tone Pro Crimson Carry II that I can't wait to carry, but i'm still breaking it in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im alright with wear, like slide marks and all that. Its the chipping and flaking that im more worried about. I actually like the normally use fading look. If i had time id look for the custom 2 the guy had in the photo section with normal fade marks that looked great!
If you like the "worn" look of a gun I suggest you buy a blued one. Though old technology by todays standard as finishes go, you can't beat a blued finish for general durability and that beautiful warm worn look.

Sig Man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts