1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know fit is EVERYTHING on a 1911 and all that. I also notice that my old Ithica (property of U.S. government) rattles like a baby's toy when I shake it (and it cannot hold a candle to my cousin's Colt 1991, accuracy-wise).

I would like to know how difficult it is to build JUST the 1911 receiver in order to mount one of those Mech Tech uppers on it. It would be great if I could just get it all to Mil-Spec like the Ithica (Hey, the Military contractors probably did not have gunsmith gurus assembling those things, and mine is pretty decent).

What parts should I use to accomplish this? Also, what parts are generally thought to be challenging in the receiver of a 1911? Finally, is there anywhere I can see a parts list for the stuff to fill up a 1911 receiver rather than putting one together myself?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Frame parts

SARCO will sell you a complete parts kit<<www.sarcoinc.com>> for not too much money. I have never used one but I understand that they are a crap shoot some work very well and others do not. You can get all the parts you need from Brownell's and they even have an online course on how to build a 1911with links to all the parts you need from their catalog. A diagram of all the parts should not be too difficult to find.

sfvet

·
Registered
208 Posts
They don't allow talk about the built-it-yourself guns around here (even though its allowed, legal, and there's even a BATFE approval letter for it).

If you want to talk about making your own 1911 reciever at home for your own use, then go over to :

www.roderuscustom.tzo.com or ar15.com

where its allowed.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts