1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a new 1911 in 38 super with a four inch barrel.I have been searching the forums , the web and haven't found to much out there.I have a couple of Kimbers and a new Wilson Combat CQB compact.All great firearms,but would like to add a 38 super to the collection.I talked to WC about a barrel for the WC CQB ,but was told it would be better to have a new gun built than switching out barrels because of reliability issues.This will be used as a carry firearm and I do have the ability of reloading this round.The price range is all across the board, from the low end to WC.Would also like to hear from Les Baer owners who own a Stringer model.THANKS:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I own an off-the-rack Kimber 4" in .38 Super, and a custom Kimber 3" .38 super as well as a Rock Island government model .38 super. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
249 Posts
First, it depends if you can own an off-the-shelf 38 super in your state. It may or may not be approved, depending on where you live.

If you currently own 1911s in 45ACP, then it will most likely cause a lot of issues just by dropping in a 38 super barrel

Depending on your local requirements, a custom-built may be your best option

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Cot XSE series are pretty nice and won't break the bank. My EDC is a custom 1955 Colt in 38 super LW Commander. You can buy a 9mm and with a little tweaking drop in a super barrel and it should do you just fine. If your wanting a higher end, my vote is a Les Baer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts