1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a MK III for a long time now. I own a Glock 17 and a S&W 5904. both are brand new guns. but man, that Browning looks and feels sweet!! I am a big fan of the 9x19 cartridge. can you still pretty much order a brand new MK III still? I need to get one fast before Browning phases them out completely. I use to own a 40 cal BHP stainless with a gold trigger. I didnt like it too much. Should have gotten the MK III when I had the chance. I really like those two piece molded grips. anyone here own one? I bet it shoots almost match accurate!

G17
S&W 5904
Sig P226
Yamaha R1

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. They are around and I'm told that the new ones, with FN markings rather than Browning, are being imported, but in small numbers. You might check the gunshows as well. I was told that the new guns are going for $670.00.

Best.
http://www.fnhipower.com/wforum/index.php3?bn=fnhp_fnhipower

[This message has been edited by Stephen A. Camp (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,006 Posts
I bought a little-used Mk. III last year, and am generally happy with it. A friend just bought a new, Browning-marked gun for less than $600. Browning supposedly stopped importing the HP last year, but there are Browning-marked guns with 2001-year serial numbers, so who know what's going on.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I read a few weeks ago that "Carter Country" down in Texas had some Browning HP Mk III's at $599 a piece. Don't know whether they still have any though.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
$529--last check about 2 mos. ago--at Sporting Arms (www.sportingarms.com). They give price quotes via email. Nice people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts