1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a compact that is very accurate. When you send the slide off for night sights do they come back dead on or will you have to adjust them? Mine is the best shooting pistol I own, so I am kind of afraid to screw with it.

Also do you guys recommend different colors (front and back)??
Brand??

I shoot mostly late afternoon.

I have a ss model. Are the sights black or do they come in ss?

plunker

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If you send off just the slide for replacement sights, it should come back with the new sights centered in their dovetails.

If your pistol shoots to point of aim with your current sights centered, then you shouldn't have any windage problems with the new sights, elevation may change based on the relative heights of the new sights, but if the new sights were designed with the shorter compact in mind, that shouldn't be an issue.

IMO and experience, sights should always be dull black to eliminate glare in sunlight. I prefer all green night sights, but have owned one pistol with orange rear and green front dots that worked ok. The other colors are usually not as bright as green.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would perfer flat black overall even on a SS gun just so that they never glare back at you when you need them.

An apposing color for the center/front sight is personal preference. I don't think one way or the other is actually superior. As mine are all green, I would have to try the other to see if I felt it to be fatser to pick up.

FREEZE PUNK!
(this is an original "digital artwork" no actual humans were harmed or aimed at in the making of this picture!)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My stock sights are black. Just did not look before I posted. I don't think my sights have ever been adjusted. (I got the pistol used) When you send them off do they center them or do they check or mark the slide and realign the new sight.

Questions sound kind of stupid but I've read here they are so hard to adjust ,I would like to get them back where I still shoot point of aim.

No smith within 80 miles so I will have to send the slide off. Any recommendations to do the work?

plunker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts