1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may or may not have heard of forum member Colt Hammerless or had the pleasure of dealing with his product. Like everyone I can appreciate the many examples of leather goods which are displayed in these pages and many threads.

I like to help support our on forum makers and try to employ their services as much as possible. This being said, I still do my investigating and ask lots of questions before I send my money anywhere.

Over the last couple of weeks I have made several inquiries to Paul about his holsters, what he has available, and what is in the pipeline. During every reply he was very informative, extremely helpful, and highly patient.

After perusing the many provided pictures and details I finally made a decision. The one example in the pictures below is exactly what I was looking for. The build quality, finish, attention to detail, and overall feel of the holster is impressive. For a preliminary report and first impression I will say it is parallel to some other top makers.

I won't make any direct comparisons in this thread. But, based on some other high quality leather I own, there is zero disappointment and full satisfaction. Thank you again, Paul

This holster is built for a government 1911. It is in mahogany with black/red elephant.

Contact Paul at [email protected]

·
Registered
794 Posts
It would help if you could provide a link to his website, or an email address, or some other way to contact him or see examples of his products.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
It would help if you could provide a link to his website, or an email address, or some other way to contact him or see examples of his products.
OP mentioned Paul's user name - send him a PM...

Great looking holster! I am currently looking for excuses to place another order with Paul :)

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added his email address. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
Love that color/material combination. I like Paul's style, his craftsmanship looks very appealing. He's on my radar.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Very nice. Love the red elephant.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I have worn the holster around the house the last couple of days. It fits/carries well. There will definitely be a second order.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I can also attest to Paul's skill and ability to get you exactly what you want. I am fortunate enough to live a couple of miles from him and have visited his shop on many occasions as he was building a custom holster and mag holder for me. His attention to detail is second to none. And you won't find a nicer guy to deal with.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just committed to one today. Wish I had seen this earlier. I went with red/black elephant too but was unsure how the mahogany cordovan or Havana would look with it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have a holster on order from Paul as well. Judging by my correspondence with him, the comments of other forum members, and the photos that have been posted, I'm certain I won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a holster on order from Paul as well. Judging by my correspondence with him, the comments of other forum members, and the photos that have been posted, I'm certain I won't be disappointed.
I believe you will be happy. I placed and received a second order with him. It is equal in quality to the first. When I get a chance I will photograph it as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
RG,
Great holster. What cant is it? 20*? Thanks for posting!

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Just got my holster from Paul, and as expected, it's a winner. Top quality, and fits my Commander like a glove, and very comfortable to wear. Fantastic!

Thanks Paul!!

·
Banned
2,666 Posts
Why should you order from Paul? Three reasons. 1) As above, his work is impeccable. 2) He is very responsive to questions and contact 3) He is one of us here on the forum. He may not be able to offer every style of holster on the planet, but for the ones that he does, you will not be disappointed. (This is an unsolicited and uncompensated endorsement):)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Paul went over about 35 emails with me. Think I'm joking? He even called me late one night while I was working to confirm info!

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
I bought this IWB holster from Paul several weeks ago:

I then ordered a matching double mag carrier which came in last week.

A couple of days ago, I ordered a matching OWB holster and belt. When they arrive in a month or so; I believe I'll be set (at least for a while).

I can't say enough good things about Paul and his work!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts