1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The Desert Warrior has a solid trigger and what they consider a carry melt. I personally cannot stand the dog poop color. But to each their own. As for the Warrior itself, I love mine. 100% reliable and dead nuts accurate. Either will serve you well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went with the standard, even though I had to order it and the Desert was in stock.

I did this for a few reasons:

1. Not crazy about the color in general. May look cool for a little while in cammies, but not regular clothes, which leads to...
2. If I'm wearing darker clothes, like my normal jeans and a black t-shirt, a tan gun would stand out more and draw a lot more attention than a black one.
3. This is my first REAL and now only 1911. I wanted more of a classic look

·
Registered
754 Posts
Since the DW is newer the price is higher if that is a consideration. You can get Warriors under a grand now. Some shooters have to be the first on the block to try something new. They put a couple of mags through it then want to move on to something else. So they put it on a board or auction at a lower price to recoup some investment capital to fund another new toy.

Personally I will stick with my Warrior, it suits my taste.

RC

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also am making the Warrior "my gun". I ordered different grips for it as well as an S&A Magwell. Not a lot of difference, but it makes it mine. I may add checkering to the front strap as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like black guns.............they be evil. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Stinger1 said:
Since the DW is newer the price is higher if that is a consideration. You can get Warriors under a grand now. Some shooters have to be the first on the block to try something new. They put a couple of mags through it then want to move on to something else. So they put it on a board or auction at a lower price to recoup some investment capital to fund another new toy.

Personally I will stick with my Warrior, it suits my taste.

RC

Sweet! What grips are those?

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.