1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post.....

Ok, I've been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun steady and I bought my third Kimber the other day as soon as I got paid. Already own a Gold Combat Series I and an Ultra Carry II and never had a problem with either of them that wasnt ammo related. After reading everyone's range reports, the Warrior sounded like the best thing since sliced bread. I love the feel and the way it shoots........kinda. I had to send it back because the accuracy was not what I expected from a Kimber. I can admit, the gun should shoot better than I can, but this one kept pulling a shot to the left about 14 inches. I wanted to make sure it wasnt me, so I let one of the range officers shoot a 7 round mag. 5 nice and tight on center, but two of them went about 6 inches wild left. He thought the barrel link had too much play in it and after talking to Kimber, told me to send it back. Though I've been shooting for years, I'm not a gunsmith. Would a loose barrel link cause the gun to be inaccurate?

Either way, spoke to the Custom Shop and sent it back yesterday for inspection/repair. I also had a few FTF's, but I didnt know if it was due to the fact it was brand new. I have read other range reports where guys have put 300 + rounds through their Warrior without a "hiccup". I dunno, hopefully my pistol will return to me shooting like the well oiled machine I expect from a Kimber.

PS-This is not an attempt to bash Kimber at all, I love their pistols, that's why I have bought three of them, but I was curious if anyone else has noticed a quality control issue arise over the past year or so?

· Registered
587 Posts
I can't comment on your specific problem, but I have had my own share of problems with Kimbers, and they have always fixed them to my complete satisfaction. Others have not had the same experience of having their problems resolved, but I think it is quite rare considering the sheer numbers of Kimbers that are sold.

Hope they get it fixed. Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.