1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bit the bullet and got a new Warrior today. Excellent fit and finish and made like a Series I. Price was better than I had expected as well. If I could get a TLE like this I would buy them all day long. If I can get a digital camera, I will post pics.

If anyone has thought about this particular gun I say go for it. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got one myself and it's my favorite pistol....

I made a few changes:
1. replaced grips w/Kimber Tactical full length grip panels
2. using Wilson mags 7 rounders
3. refinished pistol w/NP3 teflon nickel coating from Robar
4. added MX6 laser/light combo

It's an alwsome gun!

J. Herbert Dillinger

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dillinger,

Tell me about the NP3 finish. I am thinking that way for my Warrior.

Just curious about how well it will stand up.

How about a picture, for those of us of the Great unwashed?????

Oh just for the record on my warrior:

1. Black 'Gunner' grips
2. 18 1/2 lb Wolf spring
3. Surefire x200
4. Carry with Wilson 7 rounders, compete with 8 rounders and CMC power mag 10's.

Picture of your beauty, Please.

Fred

·
Registered
476 Posts
Congrats on yours I also have one and love it. All I changed were the Grips I put on some Gunner grips . I shot it yesterday for the first time with the new grips love them the gun really stays put in your hand with those grips much better than the Mr. Peanut ones.. Good Luck with yours

·
Registered
19 Posts
NP3 is a teflon/nickel combo and I find it extremely durable and I noticed on working parts it just gets smoother....and it's warranteed for life against peeling and such...it's done by The Robar Companies in Phoenix, AZ. I had three guns done in NP3 and I really like it...looks good and highly corrosion resistent...If you like two tone guns you Robar also offers Rogard....it's a deep blue/black finish thats some type of polymer....I have a Warrior in with Rogard slide and NP3 finish on frame and all internal parts....I'll post a picture when I find the digital camera...I'm hesitant to recommend the Rogard finish...it's seems to scratch easily....but I just got my gun back from Robar and time will tell if the Rogard will please me....I suggest you check out the Robar website and look on the picture post on this forum...got a gun or two on their with NP3/Rogard finish.

Herbert

·
Registered
64 Posts
Warrior Price

I've been thinking about a Warrior for myself and was wondering what you guys paid for yours'. I've been trying to get some price quotes but the dealers have been hesitant to give me one. Buy the way shooter45, how do the gunner grips feel in the hand? Do they bite into your hand to much?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks shooter. Can't wait to get mine. You sure have purty piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts