1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in October, Mark reported that Colt would upgrade the barrel and stamp the slide with the new roll mark starting with November production of the enhanced Super 38. Do any of you know if this did indeed take place? My local dealer just got in a new one with Serial No. FR25XXXX. However, it has the old roll mark. I couldn't determine if it had the redesigned chamber as I don't know what to look for.

I'll call Colt on Monday for clarification but was hoping one of you would know if these changes did indeed take place as well as the appropriate serial number series.

BTW, here's the thread that I am referring to: http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60657&highlight=colt+.38+super

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
More than one of us wants to know. Also, will the new one require retesting in CA? I presume Colt will continue to offer the enhanced 38 super in CA.

Jim

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Techwizard

Lock the slide back and look at the feedramp. If there is a dimple in the center of the feed ramp, then the barrel is the new configuration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check it once I get back to the gun shop in the next day or so. I have it on hold.

BTW, I called Colt this morning and the customer rep said that no recent change had been done to the barrel. He said the new version would be produced "sometime in 2004". :confused:

To your knowledge, is the barrel upgrade with the dimple a recent modification?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts