1911Forum banner

Was the Colt Combat Elite made for one year only?

8274 14
I have a friend who has one in .45ACP and he wants to sell it to me. He's telling me that it was only made in 1990. His price is $900.00.

While it's a beautiful gun in 98% or so condition with about 100 rounds fired through it, the book values that I've been able to find on this handgun say $500.00 and don't say anything about it being a limited one year run.

I guess what I'm asking is, is the price right and was it a limited edition run.

Thank you

Pete
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have a question along those lines. i had a friend that had one for a while and then got rid it. it worked flawlessly, and was accurate. when i wasin the market for another i looked for in a stainless frame with a blued slide but couldn't find any anywhere. then, at the last big show in april in tulsa i found a guy with 4 or five, and they seemed to be in great shape

whats the deal with these, they seemed to be good as anything else, were they a bad run or what? i would like to buy one if i can find one next year.

russel the cop

·
Registered
217 Posts
thanks for the info, i can never get too much info on colts!!!!

next year when i get my tax returns, i am going to try and save the money for the big gun show, and look for a combat elite.
there is just something about the blued slide and stainless frame that make these guns look sharp.

thanks again

russel the cop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.