1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy makes me want to puke:

http://www.newsday.com/news/politic...97,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

By MATTHEW DALY
Associated Press Writer

December 16, 2003, 9:16 AM EST

WASHINGTON -- The Washington congressman who criticized President Bush while visiting Baghdad last year has questioned the timing of the capture of deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., told a Seattle radio station Monday the U.S. military could have found Saddam "a long time ago if they wanted." Asked if he thought the weekend capture was timed to help Bush, McDermott chuckled and said: "Yeah. Oh, yeah."

The Democratic congressman went on to say, "There's too much by happenstance for it to be just a coincidental thing."

When interviewer Dave Ross asked again if he meant to imply the Bush administration timed the capture for political reasons, McDermott said: "I don't know that it was definitely planned on this weekend, but I know they've been in contact with people all along who knew basically where he was. It was just a matter of time till they'd find him.

"It's funny," McDermott added, "when they're having all this trouble, suddenly they have to roll out something."

State Republicans immediately condemned McDermott's remarks, saying the Seattle Democrat again was engaging in "crazy talk" about the Iraq war.

"Once again McDermott has embarrassed this state with his irresponsible ranting," GOP state Chairman Chris Vance said in a news release. "Calling on him to apologize is useless, but I call on other Democrats to let the public know if they agree with McDermott -- and Howard Dean, who recently said he thought it was possible that President Bush had advance knowledge about 9/11. The voters deserve to know if the entire Democratic Party believes in these sorts of bitter, paranoid conspiracy theories."

Last year, Vance and other Republicans labeled McDermott "Baghdad Jim" for comments he made during a trip to Baghdad that President Bush "would mislead the American people" but that Saddam could be trusted.

On Monday, Democrats joined the criticism of McDermott.

"With all due respect to my colleague, that is a fantasy," Rep. Norm Dicks, D-Wash., said of McDermott's comments. "That just is not right. ... It's one thing to criticize this administration for having done this war. I mean, that's a fair question. But to criticize them on the capture of Saddam, when it's such a big thing to our troops, is just ridiculous."

McDermott, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press, called the timing of Saddam's capture suspicious but said he was not alleging it had been intentionally delayed.

"Everything was going wrong, and they got a real Christmas gift, if you will, in that the troops did a magnificent job and found" Saddam, he said.
Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You know, you just can not out smart a true dumb ass. Of course we planned to capture him when we did, it was at the proper phase of the moon. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yeah, you know we already have Bin Laden too...have had him for long time. All that mountain combing we're doing is a cover up. We're just waiting for next October to capture him on TV, all purely for political gain (as if GW needs any help defeating these miserable wastes of space known as Democrats).

How can anybody actually vote for these people?

·
2,998 Posts
They sure do give Bush a lot of credit lately when it comes to conspiracies and manipulating the American people. Funny how they dismissed him as a complete dumbass during the elections :rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
As a citizen of the State of Washington, I would like to say I am embarresed by the rantings of this twit :mad:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Forstr said:
How can anybody actually vote for these people?
Considering their constituency, the product of a generation of pot smoking hippies, what more should we expect?

Oh, and I forgot my grandparents, the folks that are still hanging on to what the democratic party stood for back in the day. They are so conservative, but hate republicans!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
J Taylor said:
Considering their constituency, the product of a generation of pot smoking hippies, what more should we expect?
Don't forget the segment of the current generation that was unfortunate enough to be raised by them either.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
Good ole Baghdad Jim. He always roots for Americas enemies. Nothing new there.

What kinda person do you expect to be elected in a neighborhood sporting this statue?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
ROFLMAO MUS

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Damn man that is not only funny, but sad ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mus said:
Good ole Baghdad Jim. He always roots for Americas enemies. Nothing new there.

What kinda person do you expect to be elected in a neighborhood sporting this statue?

I'm suprised that the idiots in the Fremont District didn't try to find a way of getting the statue of Saddam that got torn down when US forces entered Baghdad. They could have put it right next to Lenin.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
GES said:
I'm suprised that the idiots in the Fremont District didn't try to find a way of getting the statue of Saddam that got torn down when US forces entered Baghdad. They could have put it right next to Lenin.
Good one. Yeah maybe the one of him on horseback with the saber.

;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Idiots like him will question anything Bush does and try to spin it in the worst possible way. If Bush died tomorrow, they would say it was some evil plan of the right to martyr Bush.

He doesn't have a clue and neither do his constituents.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
HEY MUS!! I live about a mile from that satute!!

But I regard that Linen as a WAR TROPHY! insetead of a dirt-head "utopia" meaning.

Yea, Jim old Jim is a sucker, but please dont label Seattle as ALL crappy hippies, there are a BUNCH of us gunowner righters up here.

The 60's are over, and the liberals dont realize it, thats why they are liberal

The thing that suckes though, is the some people here LOVE his antics, and he will be reelcted, unfortantally. I think I have a picture of him and Sean Penn making out......:D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Mus said:
Good one. Yeah maybe the one of him on horseback with the saber.

;)
No way!! you know that the vegans in Seattle OPPOSE animal cruelity, humans have no right to take ownership of animals, riding them is unhumane..:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep, we had him buried in that rat hole since about May. We kept sliding hot dogs down the chute and taking his crap out in pails, waiting for the day that we could most benefit from his capture.

Idiots.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Once again the libs are screaming about a right wing conspiracy that is way too big and would involve way too many people to keep secret.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just in: Madelin Albright, former secretary of state, has just publicly stated her curiosity as to whether or not the Bush Administration has had Usama Bin Laden in custody all along; waiting for the most politically opportune moment to announce it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts