1911Forum banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
1911s and fine timepieces share the ability to generate smiles.
The great thing is they both do that before you even put one on or squeeze the trigger.

My EDC Zombie kit!
Neither leave my side or has ever let me down. Built one, worked really hard for the other.

Watch Air gun Trigger Analog watch Clock

·
Registered
374 Posts
I 😍 RIA, thanks to the brand I know how to completely strip 1911 and I also became an expert on clearing jams.🤠
I'm waiting in anticipation for Patek Philippe complication next to a High-Point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wear a wrist watch when hunting and have a couple timex watches one is 45+ years old for that and one old nice looking hamilton that was dad's and I have never warn it .. I have one waltham larger pocket watch that has a 1898 cases and a 1908 23 jewel movement and its never been adjusted or at least marked and I've had it since 1980 . I'll wear it on special occasions with my wife only . I built homes and over my early of all hands on years I mucked up a bunch of wrist watches so when cell phones came along wristwatches were done .
My mother always wore a Timex watch, when it would start acting up she would give it to me and say it needed cleaning. I actually owned a auto clock and instrument shop therefore she thought I could handle the job. I would take her watch and head for WalMart to find a suitable replacement. When I returned the new/repaired watch, she always tell me what a good job I did on the watch. To my knowledge she never knew her old watch had been replaced by a new one. I still have a small box full of my Moms old Timex watches.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
My mother always wore a Timex watch, when it would start acting up she would give it to me and say it needed cleaning. I actually owned a auto clock and instrument shop therefore she thought I could handle the job. I would take her watch and head for WalMart to find a suitable replacement. When I returned the new/repaired watch, she always tell me what a good job I did on the watch. To my knowledge she never knew her old watch had been replaced by a new one. I still have a small box full of my Moms old Timex watches.
Funny story
Mt first Timex was there Marlin model after seeing a locally shot commercial with out sheriff at the swamp buggy track . I went right down to W. T Grants Department store and bought myself one of them . I have no idea what happened to it , if I lost it working or hunting but I was hail on those little pins on the band !
Link below showing the commercial that cause me to buy my first one since it showed on local tv . The sheriff started a Jr. Deputy Camp for school bus load of boys in 3rd grade back then in collier co fl . A deputy drove us to the camp in an old school bus the were we slept in tents sweated and beat skeeters all night , shot 22 rifles and bows , road on a swamp buggy or on a trailer behind it , trying to climb a slick cypress pole , no grease needed and were just kids being kids and having fun for a weekend . Todays camp just not the same .

Video
Timex Watch 'Swamp Buggy' Commercial (1970) - Bing video
Our old Jr. Deputy Camp video -
Our Throwback Thursday... - Collier County Sheriff's Office | Facebook

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of the more interesting watch brands is Vostok. There are plenty of documentaries about them on You Tube. Most are 200 meter dive watches that have all sorts of interesting dials. The "Scuba Dude" is an iconic design that can be had for around $100 or so new. They have in house 31 jewel automatic movements and have that vintage look and feel. One I was lucky enough to get a couple years ago is the Kremlyoskie. It's a little over the top for most places I go, but has a very unique dial design. The minute hand has a sun on one end, and a moon on the other. The movement is geared for 24 hours, so the sun goes from 6 am to 6 pm and the moon goes from 6 pm to 6 am. Kinda spiffy.

Watch Analog watch White Product Silver

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here’s my 1911 and my Stauer Flyboy watch. The watch is an automatic wind but doesn’t work when I wear it. On the shelf it keeps perfect time but when I wear it it doesn’t. So I guess both my 1911 and my watch are semi-automatics! 😎
Watch Revolver Air gun Everyday carry Trigger

·
Premium Member
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Here’s my 1911 and my Stauer Flyboy watch. The watch is an automatic wind but doesn’t work when I wear it. On the shelf it keeps perfect time but when I wear it it doesn’t. So I guess both my 1911 and my watch are semi-automatics! 😎 View attachment 642304
Sounds like it needs to be serviced.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
My father passed on last December, I just found out that I get his collection of watches including the one the post office gave him when he retired. The only other thing I got was pop's Savage 110L in 30.06 which he handed to me a year before he passed on telling me it goes to Evan when you are done with it.
That’s the thing about guns and watches. They can be passed onto the next generation.

141 - 160 of 184 Posts