1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to constant pleading for a return of the 10mm, many of us would like to see the 9x23, .38 Super, .40 S&W, maybe even .357 SIG offered from Colt.

Perhaps Colt could take a page out of Remington's book and offer the Special Combat each year in a different caliber (in addition to .45 ACP) much as Remington does a model 700 Classic each year in a different caliber.

This way they wouldn't overproduce a niche caliber but still please those of us sure to buy them. I know of two people (at my club) that buy Remington's Classic just to have them- half the time they don't even like the caliber!

You'd get some of this with a uniquely calibered Special Combat, plus all the fans of that caliber.

I'd vote for a 10mm first (mainly because I've convinced my wife if they ever do that I would HAVE to have one) but I think anything other than .45 ACP would be cool (not that I don't like the old .45).

What do you all think?

Brent

·
Administrator
73,765 Posts
IMO they should concentrate on being able to fill dealer shelves with the basic models first, before trying anything fancy. It's still next to impossible to find even a NRM Series 80 at any local gunshop.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We must be luckier here in Michigan- even the small local shops have a few, and the one giant place nearby has a row of them at all times.

I agree supply must be addressed, but offering additional calibers in an existing model isn't that big of deal for a company that has the capability on hand, and experience in offering these calibers in the past, IMHO.

Brent

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mark has said as much before.

A few months back there was a push in this forum for the 10mm in light of DW and Kimbers offerings.Mark said that while it would still be a ways off if Colt did offer another 10mm it would be on something like the Special Combat.

And I've been waiting with bated breath ever since :)

I gather that Colt's build plan until June04 is the same as the second half of 03, so it'll be another 6-7 months before we hear of any possible changes in the product line-up, including offerings by the Custom Shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts