1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed deposit today! Now the wait begins. Only real mod was omitting front cocking serrations. The rest will be the standard base with black Armor-Tuff all around.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
Congrats, that's going to be a nice gun. I had Wilson add a round butt mag well to my Kimber Eclipse 10mm, and blend the frame to the RBMW. Also, while there I had them replace all the MIM parts with their Bullet-Proof parts for internals; gun came back looking an shooting better than new. I use mine for deer hunting.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Congrats, the CQB in any caliber is a great gun. I will admit that I have not shot one in 10mm but mine in 9mm and .45 are great. You will like it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it! My Tactical Elite is my favorite 10mm.

You are in good hands with the folks at Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all! I have not owned a true Wilson for many years. Had Wilson heavily modify a Colt Delta Elite several years ago. I ended up selling that one and have been licking myself ever since. Did have a CQB and CQB compact in the early 2000's but somehow they got away from me in random trades. Hell, maybe I should just order two to make up for it!

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
Thanks all! I have not owned a true Wilson for many years. Had Wilson heavily modify a Colt Delta Elite several years ago. I ended up selling that one and have been licking myself ever since. Did have a CQB and CQB compact in the early 2000's but somehow they got away from me in random trades. Hell, maybe I should just order two to make up for it!
That's the spirit! :rock: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I made that reality and ordered a consecutive pair. It's hard to beat WC's MIL/LE discount!

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
I like it behr70, I've done the same thing a few times with my younger brother; we have a few Wilsons that are consecutive serial numbers that one is his and the other is mine.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Dang.....you must be flexible... :biglaugh:

Just messing with ya. The new 10mm sounds like a great gun. I think you’ll be well served.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good catch! Cannot edit the post, so I will just go with licking my wounds!

Have had four previously, down to only a P220 legion at current time. It is a beast but I just like everything about the 1911.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the call this AM, pistols are "kitted" and moving forward. That was quick!

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
Got the call this AM, pistols are "kitted" and moving forward. That was quick!
Now the wait begins. :)

Looking forward to a few months from now when a few pictures can be posted...:)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
She was kitted mighty fast.

You will be in great shape soon.

Happy times ahead. I really have been enjoying 10mm more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have been waiting 5 months so far.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually hope it is a a bit longer than 2-3 months in my case. That gives me longer to save the balance due!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts