1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Haven't checked the forums here in a while and boy does it look different hahaha. Recently got my Colt Rail Gun back from Wilson Combat and figured what better time than now to check the forums out again and post my new and improved 1911. This was a gift from my father and the first pistol I ever owned. Very sentimental to me and I had the works done to it. Quick disclaimer, those targets were not shot at 25 yards as I am not that good of a shot but rather at 7 yards at a pace of a little less than a round per second. Left is my target with the right my father. He still outshoots me hahaha.

·
Super Moderator
15,310 Posts
Nice result...and very nice gun. Oh, and welcome back.

Reactions: RG1776

·
Premium Member
5,781 Posts
Your Colt rail gun looks very nice and the two targets look equally nice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! And it comes from Colt with a high cut front strap but I believe Wilson modified mine slightly and smoothed it out/made it a smidge higher. Main things that were driving me crazy were the loose beaver tail safety, up and down play in the trigger, and a very loose slide to frame fit. All fixed by Wilson 😁

·
Super Moderator
15,310 Posts
Thanks everyone! And it comes from Colt with a high cut front strap but I believe Wilson modified mine slightly and smoothed it out/made it a smidge higher. Main things that were driving me crazy were the loose beaver tail safety, up and down play in the trigger, and a very loose slide to frame fit. All fixed by Wilson 😁
You did good, methinks.

Reactions: RG1776

·
Registered
62 Posts
View attachment 614376

Haven't checked the forums here in a while and boy does it look different hahaha. Recently got my Colt Rail Gun back from Wilson Combat and figured what better time than now to check the forums out again and post my new and improved 1911. This was a gift from my father and the first pistol I ever owned. Very sentimental to me and I had the works done to it. Quick disclaimer, those targets were not shot at 25 yards as I am not that good of a shot but rather at 7 yards at a pace of a little less than a round per second. Left is my target with the right my father. He still outshoots me hahaha.
[/QUOTE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts