1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a lightweight professional from Matt at WC. Part of my decision process was knowingly paying a bit more because of WC's reputation for excellent customer service.

So I called him today with a list of teeny problems, or possible problems. They might be more accurately described at nits that I'm picking.

He insisted I send the gun back and offered to pay the shipping or throw in some magazines if I paid the shipping. One item on my list was a change I wanted made at my cost because I forgot it when I placed the original order (I wanted thin grips and forgot). Matt offered to trade me that change in exchange for the shipping instead of the mags, which is a much better deal for me.

He listened patiently and carefully to my issues and absolutely insisted that they be allowed to address them. Simply amazing.

I guess when they say the customer will be "extremely satisfied", they mean it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yep, their service is next to none. I thought about getting my next gun from another maker, but decided against it because of the service at WC. I love dealing with Matt. He was gone recently and I dealt with Nick. Nick was great. He served me well and exceeded all my expectations.
I will be ordering my next gun with Matt as he is the one I have been profiling it with.
I love Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Watch Matt, as nice as you think he is, he will talk you into things that you only dream of. Here's my Matt story. I called Wilson around the first of July with a minor issue and spoke with Matt. While we were talking, I let it slip that it was a dream of mine to someday order a Tactical Supergrade. He coyly reminded me that there was about an 8 month wait for one, so why not go ahead and spec it out now. Next thing you know, Matt had me convinced that it was the right thing to do. I went ahead and did it, but when I tried his same tactic on my wife, she didn't really see it the same way that I had. Oh well, you only live once. So let this be a lesson to you guys, Matt is as much a killer salesman of their product as he is a nice person to deal with! haha Safe shooting :rock:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Oh yeah, Matt is real slick like that. I am sure it I ever get a Supergrade anything, it will go down just about like that.

·
Registered
802 Posts
wilson-custom..........................you can only be talked into that in which you want to be:p

Next time as soon as Matt starts his sch-peal, say oops, hang on!, and then put your wife on the phone. Matt is now dead in his tracks:rofl: :rofl:

Trust me, Matt will think twice the next time he has you on the phone. Unless we were just using him as a convenient scape goat as suggested maybe in my first comment??????(i'd do exactly the same thing!!!!!!)

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Wow! Sounds like you were knot picking. But I'm picky about my 1911's, too.

I think their customer service is so good because Bill knows people want friendly and knowledgeable service to go along with a high performance product. It's not the same as buying an 870 at Wal-Mart to save 10% as we all have done. A common product, in demand, will see most folks buy cheaper and live with the cheap atmosphere it's sold in. It's also somewhat of a bonding experience. If you like your pistolsmith and those working with him, chances are, you will like the gun they build for you because friends don't want to let friends down.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've used wilson parts and smith service for years. The customer service sold me on buying one of their pistols when I finally got the means to have a true custom pistol. You can't beat being treated like a customer. If everyone demanded as much from US companies, we'd be in a lot better position in this country. I remain loyal to companies that produce good products, treat me like they want me to be happy with their products, and I don't begrudge them a profit in the process.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have WC parts in Both of my 1911's, and a lo-pro holster for my full size. an will be ordering another WC holster for my new OM.

Great parts, great service, between WC and Clark Custom I have everything I need.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just wanted to toss in my $.02 about WC customer service. When figuring out my specs for my Super Grade I called John around 10 times within a month. Everytime I identified myself by name and location. Knowing that it was me calling again, John was always in a great mood to help and answer my questions. He never sounded like-oh God it's this guy calling again. When spending $4000+ on anything you would expect to have this type of customer service. However, the reality is that the art of customer service is nearly dead in retail operations.

Bravo Wilson Combat, and thanks to John.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Matt called me today and told me my Light weight, bob tailed Professional commander was ready to be shipped. He held the gun in his hand and went over every detail. I can't wait until tomorrow when I go to pick it up.

If I had prople like Matt working for me, I could spend a lot more time ut shooting. There are a lot of pretenders out there, but truly only one Wilson Combat, and only one Matt Riker.

Thanks Matt.

Jerry

·
Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Folks. I have been dealing with Wilson for quite a while and I know two of the Service Reps, Greg and John have keep me from making several :dope: decisions over many years. Their experience has helps me and several of my clients in the past.

My tag lines applies. Do your research but you get what you pay for up front in back end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts