1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local gunstore (Scheels) and something beautiful and shiny caught my eye, the Wilson Combat Protector with the Stainless Steel Slide and black cocking serrations. I've completely fallen inlove with this firearm. I know Wilson Combat is one of the best 1911 reproducers there is but is it worth the price tag? Anyone own one of these fine firearms? I did hold it and everything was perfectly fitted and its extremely balanced. I want as much info on this 1911 possible. I'm planning on using it as my CCW.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got one in .38 Super a few weeks back. It's my first Wilson. I've put 250 rounds through it w/o any difficulties. Very nicely finished, and shoots well.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
:) Are they worth it? I have four wilsons, they are the best of the best. I also have Colts, Kimbers and Springers, but the Wilsons are the top dog, and worth the money.

·
Registered
694 Posts
A Wilson Combat Protector in stainless is and has been my main carry gun soon after I purchased it a year and a half ago. I love the pistol and find it to be quite comfortable to wear all day in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

I should have a set of G10 Sun Burst grips installed in a couple of days. That is if Santa heard what I was asking for. :)

Buy yourself the Wilson for Christmas and you'll definitely have a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shootalot said:
Buy yourself the Wilson for Christmas and you'll definitely have a Merry Christmas!
I'm gonna take your advice. I'm thinking about having them order me a new one in 10mm but is it worth it? I know 10mm's performance rivals that of even the .41 mag but I just feel like it's not a 1911 if it's not in .45. I'll think about that one, but I'm going to pick it up as soon as possible.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can't say enough good things about Wilson service and their products. I am somewhat afraid to say this, but, my Protector has turned into a safe queen. It has a black frame with a stainless slide, but the slide is in black also and the sides have been polished. I put a set of Esmeralda wood grips on it and the darn thing is almost too pretty to shoot. But, it does shoot like a dream. Best wishes on your decision and safe shooting! :rock:

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
Unless you're gonna reload, the 10mm has a very expensive appetite!
I love my stainless Protector!

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Bad Company said:
I'm gonna take your advice. I'm thinking about having them order me a new one in 10mm but is it worth it? I know 10mm's performance rivals that of even the .41 mag but I just feel like it's not a 1911 if it's not in .45. I'll think about that one, but I'm going to pick it up as soon as possible.
Get one in 45 ACP first. Other calibers are supplements not substitutes. One friend of mine has a 9mm to practice with and to shoot matches; a 45 ACP to carry; a 10mm for Wilderness use. All are Wilson CQB and setup the same way with magwells, guide rods, strong safeties and fixed sights. His 10 mm is stainless, 45 all black, and 9mm is blk/gray. They all take the same holster and mag pouches and he bought them all used.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Buy it and don't look back. I hesitated on my first purchase and now I have two Wilsons and a Nighthawk. The quality at this level I find is well worth the money spent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts