1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Buckle up for this one as it could go either way. Remember that the NRA was extremely reluctant to get on board with the Heller case in the initial phases as they feared what could possibly have been lost if the decision had went the other way. We got lucky on that one. Just sayin'........:whistle:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Speaking of the NRA, I know a lot of people are upset about them but they really are the only game in town to get things done. They will eventually deal with WLP. I am not gifting them until they get that guy out or at least under control. Keep my membership though.
Go here and get a discount:
Save even more as a Shooting USA viewer with more discounts:
  • One year membership, regularly $45, now $35.
  • Three year membership, regularly $100, now $85.
  • Five year membership regularly $150, now $125.
  • Life membership, regularly $1500, now $1000.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
they really are the only game in town to get things done
Not true! Most of the wins in SCOTUS and other courts have been cases brought by 2AF or GOA, not the NRA.

No $$$ until WLP is gone!

Reactions: nod and ruffdup

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
....the limits of the Supreme Court's decision, including that the Second Amendment allows for a variety of gun regulations, among them laws prohibiting the carrying of firearms in sensitive places like schools....
Ironically mass shootings keep happening in these sensitive places. Why? Because they are gun free zones. For brilliant minds, the Justices sure are slow.

Reactions: Boge

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Not true! Most of the wins in SCOTUS and other courts have been cases brought by 2AF or GOA, not the NRA.
Love them or hate them- without the NRA- those other smaller orgs will fold up like a cheap lawn chair- without the NRA taking the heat for all gun owners and efforts. I have NEVER heard a lefty call for a fight against 2AF or GOA... only the NRA.

The NRA, for all it's faults [and there are a number of them] still does more than all the others combined. Sure, a couple recent wins were started in other orgs but the NRA has a 200+ year history.

Same tired argument. And I'm sure you used to be a big NRA donor before WLP arrived, right? I suspect he is just a great excuse for people that don't want to donate anyway.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

That is not legislation. Those were judicial interpretation. Two different government branches. Any examples of legislative wins with other organizations? There may be some but they don’t come to mind.
You can choose to not give them money but to not keep a membership is hurting you more than them, Gun owners are going to individualize themselves out of existence. Wonder why the other side gets things done? Because they stick together. WLP will be dealt with. Do you have the same mentality about credit card companies or other WOKE companies really hurting Americans? Think about it.

·
Registered
28,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that it is important to back State organizations as well. Considering that most gun control legislation manifests itself at the State level. We have been very successful here in Virginia with the Virginia Citizens defense league. We have been beating these bitches black and blue for years now.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Actually, even beyond the NRA, most of the anti 2A lawsuit filed against the Anti-2A efforts in lefty states are led by the NRA-Affiliates. I am sure the NRA supports them but without the particular State-Affiliate, and the people locally who donate we likely would have no champion in the lefty states. Sometime HUGE donations come into play from really rich 2 A supporters locally. Or individuals start their own Law Suits which then get supported by the local affiliate...

I am of course an NRA member, but the lion share of my donations goes to ANJRPC the local affiliate in NJ...

In NJ we are getting great support from the NJS Troopers and our local PDs...Last phase: the first batches of permits are coming out of the County Judges one for each county...

They fall into 3 basic categories:
1) Some counties are doing the right thing and Judgy is issuing un restricted permits.
2) A few are doing nothing claiming more guidance needed.
3) Some Counties are issuing restricted permits...The worst restriction is "no carry while driving".

ANJRP's Strikforce is working all the issue in categories #2 and #3...And they have started the appeal/suite process explicitly for the No-car carry restriction.

Without the Local Affiliate, we would never get this kind of detailed support from the NRA. NRA just can't take all that on, not state by state.

Keep fighting, I have NO doubt we will prevail in NJ and I hope in all Lefty States.

C.A.

Reactions: ruffdup and FDM1

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Same tired argument. And I'm sure you used to be a big NRA donor before WLP arrived, right? I suspect he is just a great excuse for people that don't want to donate anyway.
I'm a Life Member, but I won't be upgrading that anytime soon, until WLP is GONE!

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
That is not legislation. Those were judicial interpretation. Two different government branches. Any examples of legislative wins with other organizations? There may be some but they don’t come to mind.
You can choose to not give them money but to not keep a membership is hurting you more than them, Gun owners are going to individualize themselves out of existence. Wonder why the other side gets things done? Because they stick together. WLP will be dealt with. Do you have the same mentality about credit card companies or other WOKE companies really hurting Americans? Think about it.
There really HAVEN'T BEEN any substantive legislative wins in a LONG time!!
Everything we've managed to claw back has been through lawsuits and judicial action, where the NRA only seems to want to glom on to a case once it seems like it will be a winner. They aren't the ones driving the push to overturn unconstitutional laws!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
There really HAVEN'T BEEN any substantive legislative wins in a LONG time!!
Everything we've managed to claw back has been through lawsuits and judicial action, where the NRA only seems to want to glom on to a case once it seems like it will be a winner. They aren't the ones driving the push to overturn unconstitutional laws!
I don’t think you know the history or the good the NRA has done. Maybe do some homework. Take a look at what the NRA did for our allies in WW2. Do you think the anti-gunners care about the organizations you posted? They are only interested in destroying the NRA. I worked with a group which lobbied in DC years ago. If people really understood how down and dirty these groups are they would be appalled. Legislation is not written by law makers it is written by lobbyists. Think about that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
IBTL....

Good, bad, or indifferent, the NRA is and will always be the 800 lb gorilla in the room. I seriously doubt the crazed anti-gunners, lefties, etc... even know who GOA or SAF really are.

·
Registered
28,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IBTL....

Good, bad, or indifferent, the NRA is and will always be the 800 lb gorilla in the room. I seriously doubt the crazed anti-gunners, lefties, etc... even know who GOA or SAF really are.
They know who they are. But I agree with you about the NRA being the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. Good, bad, or otherwise I am sure glad that they are around. If not for the NRA we would likely be in some serious bad JuJu these days. Do they need reforms in place including the departure of WLP? Sure they do. But I still send them money and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Take a look at what the NRA did for our allies in WW2.
WW2 was over 77 YEARS AGO!! That was LONG before the GCA1968 and most of the current restrictions we have now.

I seriously doubt the crazed anti-gunners, lefties, etc... even know who GOA or SAF really are.
Which is probably a good thing, because most of the big 2A court cases, (Heller, McDonald, etc.), were spearheaded by the 2AF and lawyer Alan Gura.

Reactions: ButchA

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
Speaking of the NRA, I know a lot of people are upset about them but they really are the only game in town to get things done.
It's hard to follow NRA with their different "divisions".

The way to victory is not the lone fight by NRA, it has to be a path where pro-2A orgs unite. If they do not unite, even if just for one or two issues, the 1.5" they move fwd seems like is taken away when commies in DC take 1.6" back.

The issue right now as I see it, someone needs to push to SCOTUS the definition of a firearm, because if this issue is not resolved, the ATF will make rules any way that pleases them. Next year a solid block of plastic sold with a jig will become a "firearm".

If today I sold (or a biz sold it) plastic injection molds for AR15, for home desktop plastic injection, does the mold become a firearm? It's all utter nonsense.

Reactions: FDM1

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's hard to follow NRA with their different "divisions".

The way to victory is not the lone fight by NRA, it has to be a path where pro-2A orgs unite. If they do not unite, even if just for one or two issues, the 1.5" they move fwd seems like is taken away when commies in DC take 1.6" back.

The issue right now as I see it, someone needs to push to SCOTUS the definition of a firearm, because if this issue is not resolved, the ATF will make rules any way that pleases them. Next year a solid block of plastic sold with a jig will become a "firearm".

If today I sold (or a biz sold it) plastic injection molds for AR15, for home desktop plastic injection, does the mold become a firearm? It's all utter nonsense.
Merit to your point. However the 2nd A and the BOR is pretty clear but it has been muddied by Marxists like Obama, Holder and their ilk. They hate the COTUS because it represents freedom and our country’s founding fathers. We should never have to have a SCOTUS to affirm our rights, That is pure BS because the communists demanding we have interpretation of a plainly simply stated document, we don’t need lawyers and manipulators to interpret our Constitution.
A grade school student with a minimal education can understand our Constitution, Can’t get much easier to understand than “shall not be infringed.” The NRA is not, never has been the lone fight for our constitutional rigot. They have been the most effective when it comes to legislation. I just cannot recall any legislation put into law by any other group that has had a greater influence on legislating than the NRA. Going to court over existing legislation is a losing battle with activist judges. Eventually they will rule against our rights. This must be stopped.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
WW2 was over 77 YEARS AGO!! That was LONG before the GCA1968 and most of the current restrictions we have now.

Which is probably a good thing, because most of the big 2A court cases, (Heller, McDonald, etc.), were spearheaded by the 2AF and lawyer Alan Gura.
77 years ago is nothing in time relation. Take a look at the party in leadership in 1968 America. This POS was installed in office…
Lyndon Baines Johnson signed the Gun Control Act of 1968. Before this Act, the Second Amendment was alive and well in the United States. The Gun Control Act of 1968 turned a right into a privilege and forever forced the American people to bow at the altar of government when seeking to exercise their God-ordained duty of self-defense. Interestingly enough, Johnson’s Gun Control Act of 1968 borrowed heavily from Hitler’s Gun Control Act of 1938.

Our Founding Fathers could have never imagined that the American people would ever allow their right to keep and bear arms be infringed as they are today. In fact, it was the attempted confiscation of firearms cached at Concord, Massachusetts, that triggered the War of Independence on April 19, 1775. Pastor Jonas Clark and his Lexington Minutemen must be turning over in their graves at the egregiously restrictive gun control laws imposed in their beloved State of Massachusetts today.The hundreds and hundreds of draconian gun control laws that currently plague the American people--and that have cost thousands of American lives (including the 1993 Brady Bill)--have all come about as a result of Johnson’s Gun Control Act of 1968. Then there was Medicare which destroyed the greatest healthcare system in the world under him. He should have fallen to the assassins bullet. Americans have short term memory problems.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts