1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be picking up a TLE/RL II shortly, and I would like to add a light or light/laser to this weapon. It will be used for HD only, so I don't care if a particular light or laser will fit in a holster. What lights will fit the rail on this pistol, and which would you choose? $350 is my budget. Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the Streamlight M6 on my Kimber and I'm very happy with it. They now make an M6x which is brighter still.

I don't think you can wrong with the Streamlight M3/M6 series of lights or the X200/X300 from Surefire. All of these are used in law enforcement and military circles so they should be fine for home defense.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
My suggestion would be to buy a used Surefire x200. Since the 300s are out, the 200s have been discontinued.

Now don't get all cranked out about the latest and greatest. I have an x200 and the x300 is a bit brighter and a more focused beam.

But this only really comes in handy when outside and looking over moderate distances (read fields and trees). The x200 would more then serve your needs, is built like a tank, and if you ever somehow broke it, Surefire would warranty it.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
674 Posts
pacopper said:
I have the Streamlight M6 on my Kimber and I'm very happy with it. They now make an M6x which is brighter still.

I don't think you can wrong with the Streamlight M3/M6 series of lights or the X200/X300 from Surefire. All of these are used in law enforcement and military circles so they should be fine for home defense.
Are you sure you have that right? I though it was Insight M3/M6, and Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-2.

Can't answer the OP's question yet. I have an Insight M3x on the way but I can't open it until Christmas. If you're interested in the Insight I bought mine from Botach tactical and paid about $107 with shipping and sales tax.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry the M3 on my duty pistol, which is a Glock, and carry the X200 on my TLE/RLII which I use for home protection. I will say that there is very little difference to me between the two in terms of luminating a room. I would also say that I think Surefire has some of the best customer service in the industry and that's based on personal experience with them. Either will fit the bill in myy opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I vote for the X200B as well. Very floody beam and lights up an entire room well. My X200B is being retired because of the X300. As an officer, I need both throw and floody beams. The X300 is like an X200A (tightly focused throw beam) and X200B (wall of light) combined together and brighter.

I know the gun is not a Kimber or a 1911, but I am restricted by policy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Insight M6

I use an Insight M6 on my TLE / RL and it works great. The laser can be seen in daylight with the light on, and I like the ability to turn on the light only, laser only, etc..

I recomend you train with it and take the attitude that when fit hits the shan the thing wont work, regardless of which one you pick.

Great choice for HD, mine has had zero problems with Wilson and Chip 10 rd mags...Make sure you sh#t can the Kimber mags, they have proven poor performers in all three of my Kimber pistols.

BTW I agree with the dude about Surefire, hard to go wrong with those guys.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am running an X200A. The X300 actually has a slightly lower MSRP, but since everyone wants the X300 the X200s should be really cheap. I am toying with ditching mine for about $150 and upgrading, but then again, this one is paid for.

My agency issued the Insight M3:barf:. We saw a lot of durability problems in the first 3 months we had them. I refuse to carry one now. They may have been improved, but I would never know it...

pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts