1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CD Field FS 1911. I like it alot and it shoots very accurately. But I have noticed some wear on the slide stop notch. Is this normal? I don't see any wear on my Ruger P89 like this. If it's not normal would this be covered by warranty? What is the proper way to release the slide? Just press the slide stop and let it rip? Or hold back the slide while pressing the slide stop? Thanks for any advice anyone might have.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
How many rounds have your fired thru your Daly? The slide stop/release does take a beating. Wilson Combat even states that, it is a part that gets to see wear and needs replacement. I have around 400 rounds thru my FS and haven't noticed any abnormal wear. Could be just part of your break in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
grwess, don't be concerned about "wear" unless the slide stop stops working properly. As Rob stated, it's a very hard working member of the 1911 team!

As to releasing the slide with the slide stop...Many will suggest that, with the slide in battery, insert the loaded magazine and hand cycle the slide. Others say that releasing the slide stop to chamber a round, is an acceptable way to chamber a round. However, it is probably not a good idea if the gun is empty...I know that gunsmiths do this to check for "hammer follow", but it is not considered to be good practice on a regular basis.

I hope you have good luck with your CD...I have owned two of them. The first needed a trip to EGW after about 400 rounds. The second, I modified when new, and have had no problems. Neither ever had a problem with a slide stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts