1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the SA website the other day and started thinking that it'll be time to pick up another 1911 come tax return time.

I came across the new Loaded full size in SA's Black Stainless Steel. Very good looking gun, but I was curious as to how well it stands up to use.

Anybody have one of these models, and if so, how well does the finish stand up to things like holster wear?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have experience with the very similar Kimber Ultra Eclipse finish, and the black oxide parts will exhibit holster wear very rapidly.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just bought one today. Let you know how the finish goes. Right now the mags are full and I'm headed for the back yard for the virgin shooting session.

Mike

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have carried an SA Black Stainless for almost two years now on duty as an LEO. I take it in and out of the holster every day and it looks just as good as it did the day I got it. The black oxide finish shows no wear which is more than I can say for the TLE I once had or the SIG Sauers that my department issues.

·
Registered
265 Posts
+1 on the durability of the black oxide treatment. I've had mine for almost a year and use it at least twice a week for USPSA matches and practice. In other words, I draw and reholster it a lot! No wear problems on mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Largo said:
I have experience with the very similar Kimber Ultra Eclipse finish, and the black oxide parts will exhibit holster wear very rapidly.
Laugh and the world laughs with you...........fart and you stand alone!!

On topic.......I have a 9154 that shows no signs of wear on the black finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts