1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on some ID plates to help distinguish barrel, slide, and frame markings on M1911 and M1911A1 pistols. I'm working on the graphics right now. Soon I hope to have it made up and posted on my Website for all to see.
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
That will be a nice touch dsk. Keep up your effort for the good of avid 1911 & A1 fans. (smile)

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not at all. Spread the good word!

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Barrel and sights ID graphics are up! They're linked in the Indentification section. Beware the long loading times, but the information within will definitely be worth it the next time you visit a gun show!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excellent site. Thanks for providing it.

I'm just getting into 1911's. With a tight budget my first acquisition is an Argentine Sistema made 1911 (should have it in a few weeks). I love the classic look of the mil. style pistols. Between this forum and sites like yours, I've got the bug. I have a feeling there will be more 1911's in my future.

·
Registered
695 Posts
What a neat Website...I printed the history,collecting, and the identification sections...That is really some good stuff...Where in your opinion is the best place to find a fair price on some of the old pieces of history?

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once you know what you are looking for and how to spot a mixmaster, either the online auction sites or gunshows are good places to look. But no matter where you go there is the chance of getting burned, so as I said don't ever pay beyond shooter's grade prices unless you know can be guaranteed that the gun in question is original and correct. These days I only buy collector's grade guns from other collectors, who know what they have and have a reputation to uphold as well. They may ask top dollar for their wares, but at least that is better than being shafted.

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments. This is obviously a not-for-profit site, so all the time and effort going into it is simply a labor of love for the benefit of all you folks.

By the way, latest updates as of 5/22/01:

1. A new page demonstrating how to properly function-test a used M1911-type pistol before you buy.

2. Links to all the good stuff are now on the main page so nobody has to dig for it.

Thanks to Redzone for giving me the idea to make up the function-testing page, even if it was just from something he said.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi DSK,
Very nice, must of taken some time on the line art!
Keep it up, I really think the collecting page is of great value. I wish I would have thougth of some of the points you brought up when I first started gathering my 1911s. More people should read that section (twice) before collecting. Thanks for sharing!
Cheers
Ty

[This message has been edited by Ty (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Hummm, i don't get here often enough. LOL I've added your web site to my favorites list.

A good looking web site.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts