1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got married. Both my partner and I shoot, so we wanted something at the wedding, which was firearm related, but subtle and "in keeping" withe the rest of the day... why not the cake... utilizing a "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" cake topper and .45ACP brass.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Very creative and tastefully done.

How receptive was your baker to the idea and design?

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
How great is that

That is one of the most original wedding themes I've seen done in quite some time, well done young man. Congratulations on your marriage, take care of each other well and it should last a lifetime. Hope there is some IDPA or something in the honeymoon plans; that would be "icing on the cake".;)

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
With that for a wedding theme,,,, if things don't go as planned, and one or more want to end the relationship, JUST GO FOR THE TRADITIONAL DIVORCE!!! :D

Bob

·
Registered
784 Posts
Congrats on your marriage and cool looking cake.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I'd take a piece for the brass, being frugal and all. All joking aside, thats a beautiful cake, congratulations on the event and best of luck to you and yours.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Getting married in a year. Let me submit the request to my significant other.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awesome cake, like the .45acp brass bit too. Congrats on the wedding.

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Congrats to You & Your Partner.:rock: The cake is a home run. I attended a wedding last weekend, the Groom gave all of the Groomsmen .50 Cal rounds that were converted into bottle-openers.:)

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Great for ya both! A good omen I hope.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
that is awesome! Love that and very classy! Lucky man....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Man, did you ever find the right wife! Great cake. (My wife loves to shoot, but I wouldn't have been able to talk her into that wedding cake.) Let me guess, you meet her at a gun range...USPSA/IDPA match...the handgun counter a Cabela's. Congratulations on the getting married.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts