1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New .40 HP for x-mas and yesterday was the first time to the range. I shot approx. 300 rounds of a mix of UMC 180 grain FMJ, 180 grain Blazer, 180 Starfires, Corbon 135's, 180 Hydrashoks, and even some Federal 180 grain tactical stuff. It ran great with zero failures with the starfire (believe it or not) giving the best accuracy. On the last round of the first magazine full of the blazer, I had a FTF with the pistol not returning to battery. However, it was so close to returning to battery that it at first appeared as such. I removed the magazine and attempted to rack the slide but it was locked up tight?. I was finally able to rack the slide and the chambered round appeared to be normal however I was still having difficulty with the slide. I disassembled the pistol but could not find anything wrong. I reassembled and finished the box of blazers without any more problems. Any ideas on this or similar experiences??

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sounds as though you migh have encountered a slightly oversized round - perhaps not quite a tight enough crimp:confused: I have heard of shooters in the past having problems with Blazer ammunition in some cases. Early on, CCI re-engineered the cases and Teflon coated them, but still occasionally hear of problems. Unless it happens with other ammo, I would'nt worry. If it happens again, I'd Have a 'smith check the chamber - it may need to be cleaned up with a reamer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts