1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a sw1911pd from my neighbor brand new never fired and got it at a steal. My question is that when I acquired the pistol it had adjustable sights I guess bomar that were made probably for a colt and did not fit the dovetail for my pistol, they were loose. I reinstalled the correct novak rear sight and fired the pistol and it was shooting left 4 inches at 20 yards. I have done several things to the pistol including extended slide release, extended mag well and most recently a sti square style hammer. I shot the pistol the day before the hammer install and it was still shooting 4 inches left at 20 yards (off of a bench) and the day after I changed the hammer it shot dead on at 20 yards benched!!! Why?

This is a good thing but I want to know why the point of impact changed after hammer install. I dont want to hear thats impossible because I pretty much know that.. Thanks

·
Registered
21,982 Posts
The previous hammer might have been striking the slide or frame and deflecting the gun a bit.

You might have figured out a proper hold and squeeze about the time you changed the hammer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts