1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see you posting again. Hope you had a great vacation.

Are you all moved into your new building yet?

We've been waiting patiently for news of the NEW models. ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi Potthawg.

Most of us have "left the building" while Bob builds his business around us - and posts every 2-3 weeks in machine-gun fashion.

Yea - I like my DW, yea - I'll support the brand, yea - I buy a lot of 1911s.

No, actually - Bob needs to pay attention to a "commitment". One that he made and Phil posted on this Forum many times.

So far - there are no new "brands". There is no "Custom" (except for dumping "show specials" on gunbroker). No - the twenty-seven sumthing stickies are STILL STUCK AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM - (AND WE COULD CARE LESS!!!!) are still there - 'cause the Moderators could care less (Try PMing them - I challenge you. Or go to one - and hit the Report this post to a moderator and tell them why it's pretty silly that one year "threads" should still be stuck)....

Yanno what - ever notice who "is" and "isn't" posting to this Forum any longer? Yea - most of us have left visiting this DW forum each day/week. And yep - I was called a DW "suger", 'cause I believed - and posted - a lot. And most of us have gone.

See the new GK 17 thread? Naw - neither do I. Wonder why?

I don't post - not anymore. And I could care less, and don't miss it much - 'cause folks don't care and miss it even less then I do.

Make my next anything - STI/Kimber/Colt. At least the folks in those areas give a damn.

I apologize - as I don't mean to rant at you - you've been a terrific supporter and continue to post. I respect that - more then you know.

I guess I won't continue to post - until this Forum is fixed.

And I don't believe I'm alone....

And that is the real shame.

Good luck to all. Good luck to DW.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Am I missing something here? Still around myself, just very busy. I also see the forum being rather dead lately, but kind of viewed this as something of a good thing in at least one respect. No one here bitching about SI vs. SII, Kimber vs. Norinco, Colt pricing, SIG GSR being a "parts-build "and ILS vs. non-ILS. Guess I was just hoping folks were satisfied with their DW guns and no news was good news.

Please stay here, jd, your presence is important and much needed here! :)

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
Interesting post jd-08.

I agree, it's been pretty quiet here. I'm not sure what to think about it.

I just ran into a fellow who still is waiting for Razorback #20. He's pretty down on Dan Wesson right now. Not sure who's fault it is, whether it's the dealer or DW. All I know is that he told me that if #20 ever does come in, he's told the dealer to sell it because he doesn't want it. I don't think this fellow will be checking out the DW forum anytime soon.

Maybe the guys are just hanging out in the wings waiting to hear some new news?

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm still here, much to the chagrin of many others, I'm sure.

Still amused at the "two salesman"... :mummy:

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
282 Posts
jd-08 said:

I guess I won't continue to post - until this Forum is fixed.

Okaaaayyyyyy....

I suppose we could start with your idea of fixed. I take you to mean, at least in part, that you'd like to see some more active moderation.

Since the Dan Wesson Rep account hasn't been used in forever (ok a couple of months :) ) we can assume that it is defunct for whatever reason. How about we nominate and elect our own moderator. I'm sure we can get the moderator status changed one way or another.

While it would be nice to see a regular presence by DW personnel, the fact that Bob, or even Phil, isn't constantly here does not surprise me. I've come ot understand that a lot of people don't live on the net. Still, a more consistently regular presence would be beneficial. Since Bob apparently doesn't have time perhaps we could ask for someone to be assigned the job of checking in regularly and Bob can drop in as he has a chance/needs to.

We should probably open another thread for this but this will serve to open the discussion.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW JD?

I am in agreement with you about the commitment that was made here about more moderation and feedback from the company.
I also followed the email link that Phil posted asking for recomendations and posted some suggestions for more moderators. That's something we really do need to keep it interesting around here.

I hope you reconsider about posting here,you are one of the regulars who spice it up and keep things moving along. I still chuckle about the GK Vanna thread you posted.

Come on Bob Serva! We need a jumpstart on our little forum!

BTW...Where's the Iggster been?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts