1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to weld up the LPA sight cut on a Para-Ordnance slide so that a fixed sight, Heinie or Novak type, can be installed? I have a Para-Ordnance Stainless P18-9 with the LPA adjustables. I just don't like them and prefer fixed sights. Would it be cost prohibitive to do this? I would also want the slide flattened and serrated when this is done. If this is possible, what kind of ballpark price am I looking at for this service?

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
713 Posts
...Call Chuck Rogers, "Pistolwrench"...He is a master at Silver soldering. If you do a search he has some pictures posted in past threads that will not your socks off
!
He can give you all the particulars concerning heat discolorations and joint lines, etc...
Barry

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by Paten:
Is it possible to weld up the LPA sight cut on a Para-Ordnance slide so that a fixed sight, Heinie or Novak type, can be installed? I have a Para-Ordnance Stainless P18-9 with the LPA adjustables. I just don't like them and prefer fixed sights. Would it be cost prohibitive to do this? I would also want the slide flattened and serrated when this is done. If this is possible, what kind of ballpark price am I looking at for this service?

Thanks,

Pat
call novak direct. they quoted me 250.00
on th slide buildup and sight install.
that was 18monthes ago. yeah i think a
simple 3dot should always be an option
for the simple folks and para really did
a job on that big ol cut in sight.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
thanks recon, cupon is in the mail

Heinie came out with a fixed sight to fit the Kimber I believe? you can check with him.

the idea is that it would require much less welding I suspect to alter the cut to the Kimber cut, or for that matter Heinie may already be on the road to a fix on the other wimpy sight, the para adj. Kimber origionally used the LPA cut on the OR. guns.
geo ><>

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for reminding me George. When Heinie posted his message over at Pistolsmith.com, I posted a message asking if it would work with the LPA sight cut. Unfortunatly, I got no response and then forgot about it. I'll post another reply over there to see if I can get a response over the weekend. If I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll have to call.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hi Paten, I have welded just about every sight cut there is and re-fit different sights. YES! It can be done! I'm not sure what a LPA is but I welded a few adjustable para slides for "Novak's".

------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Metal Smith. LPA is the brand name of the BoMar knock off sights that Para-Ordnance uses on their Limited models. I know you only take work from smiths, so I can't just send the slide to you, but could you give me a ballpark estimate of what it would cost to have this service done? You can email with the info, if you prefer. [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Paten (edited 11-10-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts