1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- I sold my HK USP COMPACT 45, even though I vowed to only buy guns and not sell them. I hopefully will be going to pick up my SA 1911, model PX9152L..I hope it's as good as the reviews I have been reading here. I really hope to get to ring her out Saturday. If anyone has anysuggestions, please, feel free to jump in.
Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
jnaarnold said:
- I sold my HK USP COMPACT 45, even though I vowed to only buy guns and not sell them.
I tried the USP for a little while myself. It sure has a nice recoil system, doesn't it? Sure is a range gun though. Like carrying a (really big) brick in a holster. That sweet recoil was about all it had going for it, I think. Wasn't enough for me either (especially in light of the fact I had a buncha 1911s laying around that were more accurate). :dope:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Irritated Right Now.............

I went to get my pistol permit here in North Carolina. So, I went to the Sheriffs Office in my county to get one. They denied me. Apparently, 15 years ago I have an adjutication witheld of a felony on my record. NO CONVICTION. I purchased a firearm 4 years ago from an FFL and passed the mandatory federal background check. Now, all of a sudden this is becoming an issue here. I am appealing. I have called to set an appointment with the Sheriff. The lady who denied me was extremly one way when it came to listening. I don't think she fully understtod the law, or maybe I don't. My understanding is that you have to be a CONVICTED felon to be denied. Can someone who knows maybe shed some light on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You might want to start another thread in GD. You'll probably get more feedback there
jnaarnold said:
I went to get my pistol permit here in North Carolina. So, I went to the Sheriffs Office in my county to get one. They denied me. Apparently, 15 years ago I have an adjutication witheld of a felony on my record. NO CONVICTION. I purchased a firearm 4 years ago from an FFL and passed the mandatory federal background check. Now, all of a sudden this is becoming an issue here. I am appealing. I have called to set an appointment with the Sheriff. The lady who denied me was extremly one way when it came to listening. I don't think she fully understtod the law, or maybe I don't. My understanding is that you have to be a CONVICTED felon to be denied. Can someone who knows maybe shed some light on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Brother, the Sheriff can play games with you when applying for your permit for a while if he deems necessary to investigate whatever popped up on you! The good news is you will get it unless it is proven that your record does have a felony conviction on it. We both know it does not due to your purchasing a fire arm. The hard truth is the sheriff can and will make your life miserable with this until he is satisfied that everything is cool. If everything is solid on your record, you will get it. But now that a blemish came up you have to prove it wrong.

Sorry dude, that is just the name of the game, remember, the sheriff has an obligation to protect his community and if something comes up on your or anyone else’s record for that matter it is an automatic it will be denied the first time. :grumble:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts