1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local shop here to look and see what was new in their inventory of used 1911's. Bottom line is I walked out with a new WW2 Springfield. Fit is not bad at all. Extractor sits a little high out of the back of the slide. And the slide hangs just a small amount about 3/4 of the way back. Can not see any obvious burrs on the slide or the rails. Thinking of possibly JB bore paste and lapping a bit. Tight and no rattle though. Trigger has some up and down movement in it, but well WW2 Mil_Spec right :) Better then some I have carried when in the Army. Think I know how to do that from reading here. Finish is a nice dark black Park. The rear sight has some of the finish worn off near the bottom on the front and back on the right hand side. I am thinking this is from when the sight was installed and no big worries for me. Just wished they would have went with the smaller tabbed thumb safety. Over all a nice clean simple 1911. Now to be able to get out and shoot the dang thing :cool:

Stacey

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shoot it before you do anything to it, you probably wont have to do anything once its been broke in alittle.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I got two new Springfields, a WWII and a compact earlier this week. I think the WWII is the best $350 that I have spent on a gun in awhile. Now is I can just get over this flu from hell I will try them out at the range.

·
Registered
222 Posts
is the WWII and GI one and the same?

i saw a GI WWII today, played with it actually...felt nice for a $399 gun.
small GI sights, no beaver tail, looked like a lowered but not flared port(am i right here?)smooth/updated front strap, not the squared off one of the past...all in all a nice simple 1911, the way they were meant to be.

good experiences or bad, you guys tell me...i think i want one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
robino said:
....i think i want one.

That's some good thinking right there.

The WWII is a most excellent buy! Besides, anyone with a 1911 collection should have at least one of the GI versions.

And yeah, no fuss no muss kinda gun. Wicked cool, and a great shooter!

We think you want one too!

·
Registered
222 Posts
bought it.

pick it up tomorrow morning.

how's $365 plus tax sound? pretty good I think.

gun is a hundred times tighter than the Colt GI he's got sitting next to it.
I finger fooked both of them to hell and the Colt felt like a piece of dog caca next to the Springfield GI...loose as a goose and three times the money.

ANyway, tomorrow I finger it a little more when i get it home...and Sunday I'll shoot 4-500 rnds through it.
I'll let you know how it performed.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I am a bit late back on this, work locked this place out :).

I got out and put 300 rounds of S and B through it and so far so good. Slide still hangs a slight bit about 3/4 of the way back. Not as bad as it was, but I can still feel it when I rack the slide. But it shows no abnormal wear so I might just leave it as it. If it isn't broke do not fix it kind of thing. Took a bit to get used to the small sights again, but not bad once I got into the rhythm of shooting it. Over all I am quite happy with it. A bit of creep in the trigger, but that may or may not wrok itself out. And for the price, so what if it doesn't :)

Stacey

·
Registered
210 Posts
robino said:
bought it.

pick it up tomorrow morning.

how's $365 plus tax sound? pretty good I think.

gun is a hundred times tighter than the Colt GI he's got sitting next to it.
I finger fooked both of them to hell and the Colt felt like a piece of dog caca next to the Springfield GI...loose as a goose and three times the money.

ANyway, tomorrow I finger it a little more when i get it home...and Sunday I'll shoot 4-500 rnds through it.
I'll let you know how it performed.

It's nice to know that you found a gun that can keep up with your libido! :D

So use that libido and go forth and mulitiply! Shoot safe!!

Oh, and "dog caca"?:biglaugh: You gotta be from up north, right?

·
Registered
222 Posts
oh,
and since this gun, I've come to the conclusion that i LOVE short triggers.

I'm seriously thinking about sending my Ultra Tac.II to get the short trigger done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got about 650 rounds through my WWII SA 1911 A1 so far and I'm real pleased with it. It's smoothed out nicely. It's ate-up everythind I've fed it so far. This is my first 1911 and I'm happy with the choice I made. I've changed the grips to pachmyres and got a couple Wilson 8 round mags. The only thing I plan on doing now is putting as much ammo down range as I have time and money for. I'm shooting 3" groups at 21 feet and I think I can improve to 1" in about another 700 rounds (I hope) Any way I'm haveing a good time with this gun and I feel comfortable carrying it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
"Hey...I thought in order to be a northern gunowner....You had to move here to the South !"

hey ORANGE,

i'm down south already man, orig. from CT. but have a place in south FL. that I miss badly, especially today(foot and a half of snow so far and still going) Up here in CT on business...can't wait to go home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts