1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Kimber full size Eclipse today. I debated a long time between three guns. The Eclipse, the Gold Combat, and the Colt Gunsite Pistol.

With the Eclipse I will save spend about $400 less and can use the money for a gunbelt and holster and some other accessories.

It should be here tommorrow or Friday.

This will be Kimber #2. Number 1 is a Pro-Carry SS HD.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Whofan,
The government size Eclipse is a good choice. That's the one I would have picked. The $400 that you saved will definitely buy a quality holster, belt, and plenty of ammo. We're expecting a range report and pics soon.:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I finally got it today. It took a couple of days longer than anticipated. It was worth the wait.

This thing is bootiful!

I took it apart and it is apparent that much more care went into this Kimber than my Pro Carry that I got about 7 months ago.
The Pro Carry has numerous tool marks in the inside. Said marks do not affect function, however.

The Eclipse appears to have been extensively test fired. Brass streaks on the breach face and slide were dead givaways.

This sucker is tight !

The only (minor) thing that I do not like is that it came smothered in oil. Heck of a time getting it all off.

Don't know when I will be able to shoot it. I am taking my daughter and two sons deer hunting in a few days. I will bring my Pro Carry in case ol Bambi comes within 15 yards or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts