1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my first Baer pistol. I ended up ordering a Premier II with the 1.5"
guarantee. It will be here by Monday. I am excited to say the least. The only negative is that I had to trade 1 of my Gold Cups to get it. Oh well, life goes on.

------------------

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
oldcolt, congratulations on your purchase. I would be willing to wager that you won't miss the Gold Cup one bit when you see your Premier II. And when you shoot it, you'll probably forget you ever owned a Gold Cup at all. IMO Baer pistols are the BEST deal in the 1911 industry at this time.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Johnston,
Sorry that I haven't been in touch with you about the TRS. I had been debating my decision for a while. I do appreciate your attempt to help me. I am glad I was able to find a Baer. I won't complain about that 1.5" guarantee either. Shoot straight and shoot often.
John

------------------

G

·
Congratulations. Let us know what you think of it. I ordered the same thing in June, but it still isn't in. It was supposed to have been delivered about three weeks ago. I guess I'll be chatting with the folks at Green Top Sporting Goods tomorrow morning.
Dennis D. Carter

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Congratulations. I bought one back in January, no complaints at all. Mine also has the 1.5" feature. Out of the box, it took 2 men and a boy to rack the slide. Now, it's much smoother. The magazine the came with it has never failed me. It's a very good gun and it's worth the investment.

BTW, do Baer guns always shoot low out of the box? Mine was about 3"-4" low (but center) before I adjusted the rear sight.

[This message has been edited by Wit (edited 09-06-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by Wit:
BTW, do Baer guns always shoot low out of the box? Mine was about 3"-4" low (but center) before I adjusted the rear sight.
I sure hope not Wit - I've got a Concept VIII on order and it has fixed night sights on it! I don't think you could file down the front sight enough to compensate for this!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Concept VII has shot well since the day I got it. Never a problem. For what it is worth, mine does seem to favor 230 gr. Remington Golden Saber.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Originally posted by shane45-1911:
I sure hope not Wit - I've got a Concept VIII on order and it has fixed night sights on it! I don't think you could file down the front sight enough to compensate for this!

Hi Shane45, I forgot to mention that it was at 25 yards. So, for personal defense which is in a more closer range, it shouldn't be a problem. I didn't mean to scare you.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Originally posted by oldcolt:
A Johnston,
Sorry that I haven't been in touch with you about the TRS. I had been debating my decision for a while. I do appreciate your attempt to help me. I am glad I was able to find a Baer. I won't complain about that 1.5" guarantee either. Shoot straight and shoot often.
John
Oldcolt, don't sweat it. I'm glad to hear about your purchase no matter where it came from. You'll have to let us know how that Baer treats you and if you're ever in my neck of the woods bring it along so we can compare notes. AJ

[This message has been edited by A Johnston (edited 09-06-2001).]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Johnston,
With duck season fast approaching, you can bet I will be in your neck of the woods. One of my oldest friends lives in Puyallup which isn't too far from you. Don't know exact dates yet but will contact you before I come. After I get to spend some quality time with the Baer, it will go wherever I go.

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts