1911Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
I'd love to see an inventory of those 62 handguns.
No way- they won't leave a paper trail of them.

Apparently like 60 of them were plastic 3d printed prototypes that will be the next few year's worth of crime scene drops... and since they didn't ask any questions to the dropper off-er, they will be the push for outlawing 3d printers and other gun control in the next cycle.

It's their version of marketing for future gun control.

·
Premium Member
7,572 Posts
I apologize to the honest hard-working LEOs out there, this isn't aimed at you. I've worked with many LEOs over the years and have seen several that were on the wrong side of the line-up. They were in Law Enforcement for the power that allowed them to exercise over the average citizen. They also were after the "off the record" perks. Criminals were routinely not charged so they could be levered into being snitches. Recovered property, such as guns, were kept off the books and divided up. So, I have a jaded view of these buy back operations. Realistically, they do very little to get guns out of the hands of criminals, they do little, if anything, to solve crimes, and only serve to promote blow-hard politicians.

Just my $0.02
Grumpy

·
Administrator
79,298 Posts
King County, WA just approved the creation of a permanent "gun buyback" facility. I understand that there are folks out there who inherit some old gun or are left with a broken clunker and don't know how to dispose of it. What I don't get is how they're so lazy they refuse to just take it to a pawn shop and actually get some money for it. Even the sleaziest pawnbroker will give you more than a $50 gift card for an old handgun.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Lessee, now
1. Rusty but complete Arisaka
2. Mostly RoF type pistols but one looks interesting...
3. Yup, 1911 pattern with FO sights.
4. Right off the printer.
5. Cop trying to figure out what a revolver is.
6. Bragging.
7. Car line.
8. .22 auto rifle, Marlin or Stevens, nice shape.
9. .22 single shot, nice shape.
10. Ad
11. Cheap pistols, sawn off single shot and pump shotguns.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Look at the bright side here. You can turn in your high $$ gun to eliminate it ever being held in an evidence locker for years and rusting away!! :poop:

·
Premium Member
7,572 Posts
I'm impressed with the color matching ballistic vests. I'm wondering how many Mac 9s, M16s, AK47s, and Glocks with 30-round magazines were turned in.

Grumpy

• Haha
Reactions: Boge

·
Administrator
79,298 Posts
They don't have enough money to buy any of my property.
Same here. I wouldn't take $1000 from those sumvabitches for my Jennings J-22.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Funny that.
I have to answer all those questions under penalty of law for a Legitimate purchase, but I expect the folks who represent the Law can buy a stolen illegal machine gun used in a murder with the serial number filed off no questions asked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They tried to gentrify it about 10 years ago, but the first professional to move in, got robbed and assaulted right out. Total failure
Same in Memphis.
Federal Funds.
Minority Contracts.
Criminal Haven.

·
Premium Member
10,415 Posts
Or, as the locals say "Tre' Ward"
Horribly unsafe area. They tried to gentrify it about 10 years ago, but the first professional to move in, got robbed and assaulted right out. Total failure
Even if they did succeed in gentrifying the area... the leftist minority advocates would bitch and complain that they are driving the po' folks out of town because of the higher rent. Its what has happened here in South Florida. It's alway damn if you do, damn if you don't. You can't win... all they want are free welfare hand-outs.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts