1911Forum banner

Well thank goodness that it was labelled a robbery instead of a shooting.

390 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  earlwb
And even better that the owner of the store will not be facing any charges.

Store owner shoots suspect - YouTube
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Just like most everywhere, good help is hard to find, including the police department (911 call center).
I could understand most of what was said and I don’t live in TX or where there are lots of ppl where English is an 2nd language.
The store owner needs to practice shooting so we can help Darwin out!

· Registered
15,472 Posts
1. Good job by Pepe.

2. The reporter said that due to possible retaliation, Pepe chose to not appear on camera. Okay, I respect that.

But then the damn reporter totally outs him by name, neighborhood, and street address number! Including both wide-angle & close-up video of his storefront & signage!!!

Geez folks, have some decency. The whole story could have been presented as "a West Dallas market was defended by the owner" without throwing Pepe under the revenge bus.

Nope, I'm not suggesting evil intent by media, just a lazy disregard for the victim's safety. The other 2 or three creeps are still out there. And pissed, too.

· Registered
30,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Good job by Pepe.

2. The reporter said that due to possible retaliation, Pepe chose to not appear on camera. Okay, I respect that.

But then the damn reporter totally outs him by name, neighborhood, and street address number! Including both wide-angle & close-up video of his storefront & signage!!!

Geez folks, have some decency. The whole story could have been presented as "a West Dallas market was defended by the owner" without throwing Pepe under the revenge bus.

Nope, I'm not suggesting evil intent by media, just a lazy disregard for the victim's safety. The other 2 or three creeps are still out there. And pissed, too.
You make a valid point Magman. But from what is shown on the tape you have to wonder how much of a threat those other three stooges really represent?

· Registered
30,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some, I suppose. Was that a full-stocked AK Variant?
I do not know Magman. The video is really grainy, so it is difficult to tell. I actually think that it is an SKS similar to what you got in trade the other day. For a time they were importing them set up to accept a detachable thirty round magazine. I think that it is one of those but again it is difficult to tell from the video.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
Dallas has gotten really bad about their police response times. It takes them hours to respond to most all of the calls. Heck calling 911 even doesn’t work sometimes you get a busy signal or you are out on hold and then disconnected. Dallas some years ago started allowing officers to withdraw their pensions and many of them did and then quit to go work elsewhere. They almost bankrupted a already underfunded pension system. Their woke leftist city council caused many officers to quit to go to other cities to work. Plus no one wanted to hire on either. It is hard to get people to work with a hostile work environment when even the city will throw you under the bus for little to no reason. They were almost a 1,000 officers short for several years now. It was so bad a few years ago that Governor Abbot had to send in the state police to help fill in the roster for patrols.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts