1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my Kimber Ultra Crimson, I babied it. But, as it is my carry weapon, that did not last long. It is already showing a little wear, at the front, though not much. Would love to see some pics of well worn 1911's, along with a comment on how many years they have been on your hip.

At first I dreaded the gun showing signs of wear, now I am looking forward to it!:rock:

·
Registered
8,307 Posts

Slide to frame fit was so bad it clanked instead of rattled. :hrm: It also had a 8 lb. gritty as heck trigger. :barf: This was a pic before the overhaul to the incredible shooter she is now.......new C&S trigger group and Acc-u-rails to settle the slide to frame fit disaster.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
This one is going to get it's 2nd re-blue (that makes it's third blue job) since 1980. Stock except the Colt grips and a Dwyer guide rod. Shoots wonderfully.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
This 1976 Series '70, my usual carry, when it wore its second finish, polymer over hard chrome. The magwell, MSH, rear sight, and grips have all been changed. It went to John Harrison after I dinged the BoMar rear, and I had it refinished since the polymer finish had started peeling. Now the whole thing wears IonBond.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
This one is going to get it's 2nd re-blue (that makes it's third blue job) since 1980. Stock except the Colt grips and a Dwyer guide rod. Shoots wonderfully.

Who did the re-blue? The roll marks still look crisp and new! I would be interested in sending my pistol to whoever did the work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts