1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
73,071 Posts
My GI shooter is a Remington Rand slide on an Argentine Sistema receiver. There's plenty of wear on the finish, but it gives it that perfect "been to Hell and back" look.

·
Registered
23,179 Posts
I have my 78 Colt Gov I bought new in 78. I also had a gunsmith long dead do some work on it that year. Carried it for years and over 40K rounds but it is semi retired now.

Then on a bet from a friend a few years ago I couldn't find any Colt in a gun store I would want for less than $500 I found an older Commander made in 91 according to Colt. It came with naked lady grips which I sold to a kid who worked at the gun store and had a FLGR I sold to a friend. Also had a Delron arched MSH which I replaced with a flat one. I had some old Ajax grips I put on it plus new grip screws. Still have less than $500 in it. Was going to flip it but although holster worn the guts are great and it shoots quite well.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
dakota1911, with all the custom and tricked out pistol there are on the market today, those old Colts of your's are to me some of the most beautiful on the planet, really like the Commander.

·
Banned
461 Posts
dakota1911, with all the custom and tricked out pistol there are on the market today, those old Colts of your's are to me some of the most beautiful on the planet, really like the Commander.
Agreed, nothing more handsome than a holster worn Colt. Character to the extreme...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I wanted to post some photo's of mine but have no idea how to and don't even own a camera, tried to draw some but now have crayon all over in the computer disk thingy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
T.C., that is a beautiful Commander! I have one that doesn't have quite that much character.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
My well worn is a Norinco, bought NIB in 93.
New sights installed in 94.
Top pic is just before I had a new finish & some internal work done (2014).
Bottom pic is what it looks like now.
Estimated about 25K rounds downrange since I bought it (I didn't keep track of rounds fired until recently).
And it's no safe queen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

1 - 20 of 53 Posts