1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days I've been playing a video game with my son called Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, in one mission of the game you are supplied with a silenced pistol called a Welrod. I found some info on the internet about this unique pistol: www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Single-Shot-Pistols/Welrod.htm
Does anybody else have any info on this pistol? Anybody ever actually seen or shot this pistol?

Nero

·
Registered
192 Posts
Other than being the product of development at the Special Operations Executive workshop in Welwyn Garden City (thus the Welrod name) and actually being chambered for the .380 and .32acp,the link pretty well covers it.
It's supposedly a single shot blowback design and the big silencer is a Maxim pattern,using the standard series of baffles.
Very quiet.:cool:

·
Registered
793 Posts
It was made in two versions: the Mk-1 in 9mm with a trigger guard and the Mk-2 in .32acp without a trigger guard. Most built were Mk-2's. It was also produced in other countries with the U.S. ones be the only ones with markings. I read a review of a restored Mk-2 done at a British range where it performed comparably to some top of the line modern suppressed pistols. By the way it's a bolt action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts