1911Forum banner

were to find replica GI 1911 parts ?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RickB 
#1 ·
just wondering if any of the better manufacturers of 1911 parts have replica parts such as wide spur hammer , safety with checkering and long trigger like a 1911 ? from what ive seen on the web they like to make extended and exotic parts .

#2 ·
Kings did make wide spur hammers but I'm not sure if they still do or not. I've used them on several pistols. www.kingsgunworks.com

Checkered slide stops, I don't know. And I don't know of any maker that makes long steel triggers like those used on the 1911, but there are any numbero of makers of long aluminum triggers that you might be able to doctor into the original shape.

#3 ·
Ed Brown makes checkered slide stops and checkered mag releases - the checkering pattern on the mag release is smaller than G.I., but still looks pretty good. My Delta Elite came with a long, blued trigger that looks, externally, just like the M1911 trigger. I was able to get another one on ebay, so I know they're out there. I also have a couple of Videki long, steel triggers, but they have serrations and overtravel screws, so wouldn't really pass for G.I.
If I was trying to make a replica G.I. gun, I'd probably use authentic G.I. parts for things like the slide stop, grip safety, mag release, and the thumb safety too, if I could find one that was oversize enough to be properly fitted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.