1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that the GSR's aren't getting many favorable reviews? I have had mine for a week and already have 650 rnds through her. I love the gun and the finish. I am waiting for the leather makers to have holsters readily available for the non-railed GSR's. Anyway I guess I am just telling yall that The GSR is quality and wicked accurate. If anyone is on the fence try to shoot one and you will surely fall for the SIG. That's all i've got.

Tom B

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
One of the reasons is one you just stated. Sig changed the outside styling/specs of the gun so now it doesn't fit all the 1911 holsters out there.

And you can't find very many holsters to fit it.
Bad idea, all the way around.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Issues with the original GSR still have some folks a little unsure. First impressions last the longest,I guess. Purists are also turned off by the massive external extractor,which admittedly seems to work well in the newest batches of Sigs.

Plus,it's a Sig. Sig should not make 1911's...Sig should make Sigs. :p

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
2TransAms said:
Plus,it's a Sig. Sig should not make 1911's...Sig should make Sigs. :p

Truer words were never typed....:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they figured it out for sure. The gun is ugly but the sum of it's parts are quality and the price isn't bad for what you're getting.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
tabacm11 said:
I think they figured it out for sure. The gun is ugly but the sum of it's parts are quality and the price isn't bad for what you're getting.
don't look for others to affirm your choice of weapons.

It's probably the most individual choice you can make other than your SO.

All that really counts is that you like it and it runs for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not hurt about it, but I do thank you for your words. I was on my way to purchase a Kimber custom II but the dealer I go to couldn't get it and sold me a GSR for a great price. That's what he carries daily and for his SWAT unit. That was a pretty good sell for me. Anyway this is my production gun I eventually want to go Baer, Wilson, or Nighthawk but that will be a long time from now as I am to broke to shell out the coin for those. Thanks for chating with me Bill.

Tom B

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
tabacm11 said:
I'm not hurt about it, but I do thank you for your words. I was on my way to purchase a Kimber custom II but the dealer I go to couldn't get it and sold me a GSR for a great price. That's what he carries daily and for his SWAT unit. That was a pretty good sell for me. Anyway this is my production gun I eventually want to go Baer, Wilson, or Nighthawk but that will be a long time from now as I am to broke to shell out the coin for those. Thanks for chating with me Bill.

Tom B
Before purchasing a high dollar 1911 (assuming you are like most of us and have limited funds) you should ask yourself a question:

Do I want to be a proficient shooter or own expensive guns?

If you want to be a shooter, shoot the guns you have, assuming they run.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's good logic. That's what I'm doing right now. May I ask what 1911's you carry/own? My favorite 1911 I have is an old Remington Rand that's 50+ yrs old. My dad used to shoot it in Navy bullseye comps. He did some nice finishing work on it and I had it shooting 1.5" groups off a rest at 30yrds when I put on a new bomar front sight. I have the 1911 sickness for sure.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I've got a Norinco that I sent of for customization (never spend that kinda dough again) and an older Kimber Custom Carry.

I have about 40K through the former and maybe 10K through the later.
They ain't pretty and they don't get pampered but they run. I haven't had a malf in so long, I can't remember.

Best thing I ever did to help my shooting was to start shooting competition and buying a Dillon reloader.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts