1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Coast Bullets had a special introductory offer: 200 plated bullets for what seemed a nice price, so I ordered some 230-grain .45s.

It took a long time for them to arrive - so long, in fact, that I wondered what UPS was bringing me when they finally did get here.

They shoot high in my gun.
So far, everything else I shoot (in 230-grain weight) hits at POA except these. They are pretty things - much brighter than plain copper-clad jacketed stuff - but I guess I'll make jewelry with them and shoot Remington or Winchester FMJs instead.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hmm, West Coast bullets shot OK for me. I use Montana Gold now, more accurate (smaller spread) and consistent in weight.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I'm a big West Coast fan since they work very well for me. Reasonable prices, good service, and for me, do shoot to POA.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited 07-31-2001).]

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I use their 230's and their 155's in my .40. Both are accurate and function is 100%. Could not ask for better.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Registered
709 Posts
You should try casting! your own bullets. When I'm not shooting,or reloading, I'm casting my H&G68. Got the cost down to about $1.50 for a box of #50 45ACP(Loaded)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts