1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I'm new to reloading and I wanted to share my experience with choosing how to clean my brass. At first I was gung ho for a vibratory tumbler but as I checked out this forum and others, I realized that using a vibratory might put off things into the air in my home that I do not want . I came across Stainless tumbling media used in a rotary rock tumbler. This stuff works great. It cleans the inside, outside and primer pockets to a shine. When its done, all I do is pour off the dirty water into my drain and separate out the new shiny brass. I'm finding reloading a very relaxing and rewarding experience. One I hope to continue for a long time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Source for wet tumbling equipment

Go to this website: stainlesstumblingmedia.com

They have a complete kit available. Regular vibrating cleaners will not work; they are for dry media (corncob or walnut).

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've been using a RCBS Sidewinder for years now. I've worn out one tub and bought a replacement. It's kind of pricey but works with wet or dry media. It has a timer built in. With dry media I like it especially for large cases like 300 win mag which tend to stand up in a vibratory.

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
I'll second the RCBS Side Winder. Bought two of them. First is going on twenty years now. I just used their cleaning solution. Like new brass in an hour or so.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I also use the stainless media (wet) tumbler. It's amazing, a little more time consuming but I don't mind. I'm cleaning my brass and brass for two other friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts