1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know about fancy, but I have a model 17 that goes right along with my model 19. I've had them both for about 30 years and I have enjoyed shooting them both. I also have a model 41. It has a light trigger and is fun to shoot.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I personally would say that the S&W k22 or the colt Diamondback, I am sure if you look hard enough you may find something engraved or a presentation grade lil revolver somewhere

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
Smith? A four inch ten shot 617 looks good and shoots pretty good.

Non-Smith? Freedom Arms 252 based on looks, feel and accuracy.

·
Banned
565 Posts
I don't know about fancy either, i have five of them, 3 6" model 17s, a Modell 18 and a 6 shot 4" model 617.
I like all of them but personally think the model 18 is the most fun to shoot.
The prettiest one I've ever seen was a pre war K22, elegant looking tapered barrel, absolutely beautiful finish. Yum.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On a slightly different note I'm partial to the Model 48 .22 magnum. Just like a K22 but you get .22 rifle velocities from a handgun.

·
Registered
948 Posts
AKCowboy said:
On a slightly different note I'm partial to the Model 48 .22 magnum. Just like a K22 but you get .22 rifle velocities from a handgun.
+1, especially if you can find one with a factory-matched LR cylinder.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fancy???
I have a couple of .22lr revolvers, I like the Colt police positive from 1939,
Or this smith and wesson 17-4 with the 8 3/8" barrel, almost a little carbine, If you cant hit the target with this, there are some other issues!

otherwise I like the little smith 2" airlite 22lr, I dont have one, but they look cute not fancy
PB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts