1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of purchasing a 38 Super for either bullseye or some other events. Wilson does not build them anymore. Do you know of a good company that builds a super (no pun intended) 38 Super?

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Hey, Talk to George Smith..

I was talking to him a little while ago about Doug Koenig's Bianchi gun and he was saying he figured out how to make the gun shoot 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch at 50.ANyway besides that..He builds a nice gun and is a good guy to talk to..

·
Registered
175 Posts
George can make a slingshot shoot sub MOA. He is extremely modest about what his guns can do. I've shoot with George several times. You should see the mans work on rifles! He's building AR's now too! He's a great guy and he can shoot with the best of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information. Can someone tell me how to get a hold of George Smith? Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
George taking time off that's a first. He works 16 hour days. usually 6- 7 days a week. Time off for church and a meal sometimes he even sleeps.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Yeah, he was saying it was the first time in three years...well deserved. but I wish he'd get back and make metal chips :)

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Hi Guys
Thank you for your kind words.

Brucea, We were playing with the Bianchi guns and wondered what the aplication of a sub 1" super would be for bulleseye? I spoke with a couple of upper level Bulleseye guys and there is some intrest.

geo ><>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by George Smith:
Hi Guys
Thank you for your kind words.

Brucea, We were playing with the Bianchi guns and wondered what the aplication of a sub 1" super would be for bulleseye? I spoke with a couple of upper level Bulleseye guys and there is some intrest.

George,

Thanks for responding. I understand that in Bullseye you can use three pistols: (1) .22; (2)centerfire; and (3).45. I was looking for a centerfire pistol that would shoot at 50 yards with 1.5 inch groups. I think although some bullseye shooters use .45 for both centerfire and .45 rounds, I think a .38 super would be a great pistol to shoot, if of course it was very accurate.

geo ><>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts