1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up too late too head to the lease for a little free range red meat. So I left the Ruger #1 at home and grabbed my 1911's, a Colt Vest Pocket 25acp(it was my grandpa's, and dad just gave it to me), a Walther PP 32acp and a Yugo Mauser K98 and went to the gun club.

1911's
Springfiled Milspec WWII edition: Continues to amaze me. Who needs sights... Those plates kept falling and the rounds kept feeding. I'd mix, 200gPSWC, 200PFP and 200LSWC.. 0 FTF.

Kimber Compact (lw)...Gun has come into its own. Great handling though snappier than the all steel Springfield. 0 FTF. I finally have confidence in this gun and my handloads.

For both it will be Rainier 200g FP's over 231 from now on.

Colt 25acp. Just wanted to shoot a magazine. Clean it, oil it and store it. 0 FTF with old Win WB. A darn handy little gun. I'm contemplating carry this gun when I need small. I have a Keltec 32, but there's somthing about metal.

Walther PP: A C&R purchase...initial firing. One good mag and one ok mag. The rear of the lips on one are warn. I think this is why the slide does not stay back after the last round with this mag. Otherwise a joy to shoot. CCI Blazers seemed snappier than the Fiochies or S&B's. Hammer bite became noticable with the CCI's. They also didn't feed as well.

The Mauser. A C&R puchase. Unbelievable. I bought some Georgia Arms 180g Nosler Balistic Tips. This gun is so smooth and accurate that I might carry it hunting. I am impressed by the 8mm so much that I might have my 30-06AI rebarreled in it. Needless to say the 50+ year old ammo didn't group as well, but it comes in cool tin cans for easy storage :)

Regards,
tjg

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I myself have a lot of fun shooting the old C and R's. Most are well made guns, and cheap to buy and shoot. And is your Yugo a M48?

Stacey

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Cool deal, great little shooters the M48's. I got one from Cole's for $109. Makes me wonder why I did not get a few more.

Stacey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts