1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on some VZ operator II grips on my CQB 45ACP.They are very aggressive,I will have to break in my hands.This is what I wanted, you can dam well hold on to them and the gun.I am going to use the gun to shoot IDPA.
If you really want something you can hold on to these will do the trick.

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Getting a grip.....

I once purchased a .45 accurized by the late Jim Clark for NRA Bullseye matches. It was more of a traditional style gun without the fancy BoMar full length rib. I was able to use the same gun as a wad gun and for hardball matches. I changed to a heavier mainspring and recoil spring when I shot hardball. The front strap had a type of relatively sharp stippling called "tiger teeth." It was very aggressive also, but I stuck with it and developed callouses over time.....it did allow for a very solid grip!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I use the VZ Operator II's on all of my comp guns. They do break in after a while, but are a very solid grip for sure. If you did not get the super scoop option, you can take some 220 grit sandpaper and wrap it around a 5/8 dowel and sand out the thumb scoop to your liking. I still use Liquid Grip when it is hot and humid. They are pretty heavy though, if you are close on weight.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I've got VZ's on all my 45's. I usually take a fine grit sandpaper and go over them lightly to get rid of any teeth that dig in. Love'm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts