1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been the victim of a larceny at my rural home.

I have decided to enhance my security.

Part of my plan is to place a sign down my eighth of a mile gravel driveway that will hopefully deter unwanted entrance onto my property.

I am looking for recommendations.

My thoughts are to have a professionally printed sign that says something like this:

"This property is monitored with video surveillance. The video is stored via a cellular backup. The front and rear of your vehicles have already be photograph and stored off site."

I hope that the sign will not add to any adverse actions (legal) to myself if something awful where to happen.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I don't see how the sign can add any adverse legal actions as it is just a sign. However, having video stored offsite can have possible repercussions depending on local laws etc. Check with your attorney.

Personally I like the one that says
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be persecuted.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
How about a simple notice that video surveillance is already in progress. Why discuss the details? If they are motivated enough to seek out your recorder and destroy it, they will be motivated enough to hide identifying marks when hey return?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Crazy people don't read signs so it doesn't really matter what they say. All they do is make property owners feel better.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
John Moses Browning's Tattoo Studio

·
Administrator
73,009 Posts
Sorry guys, but this has nothing to do with RKBA issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.